Payment Options

Rouse Warren County Home
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Mary80498850 March 27, 2014
3.0

The rooms are nursing rooms. You get one basic room with a bathroom, and two people try to share a room, with two TV's blaring. It's clean and it doesn't smell, it doesn't stink, and the people are pretty clean. But they could hire more staff.

Rouse Warren County Home
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Clark2 June 01, 2012
4.0

At the Rouse Home, it was always a little depressing to be there because so many people were in poor condition, but I think it's like that at most nursing homes. I thought the staff was very friendly, but maybe not as responsive as they should have been. Nan, my fiance's grandma, actually had muliple injuries while living there. She needed assistance to use the bathroom, and she always tripped and fell when she tried to go by herself. The worse injury she faced was a broken hip. I wasn't there, so I can't tell you for sure what happened, but she said that they didn't come quick enough when she pressed the button to have someone help her, so she got out of bed herself and tried to walk to the bathroom. If someone had been there sooner she wouldn't have fallen, but, at the same time, she should have waited. They always had activities for the residents who wanted to participate, so that was nice. Nan never participated, as she was basically bed ridden. With assistance she could get in a wheel chair and move around. Her nurse used to take her for a walk around the grounds on nice days, which I thought was really nice. When we came to visit each week, we also wheeled her around the grounds. That's another thing that I liked, was that the grounds were very nice, and if she was in better condition, she could have lived in one of their assisted living apartments that is located on site. She passed away a few months ago, and I think they did a pretty good job with her toward the end of her life. They took care of her with an IV and allowed all of her family to come say goodbye in the last couple weeks. Her memory was gone and she was basically unresposive, so they had to do everything for her that last two weeks. Overall, I think they did fine. No one was really happy about the injuries, but again, she probably should have just waited for help. No one really likes to see their loved ones in a nursing home because you know it's the last step before death, but I think the care they gave her helped her stay with us for an extra two years.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 395609

Health
4.0
Overall
4.0
Quality