Payment Options

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Whispering Pines Health Care Center

Posted by Charles42 April 22, 2014
4.0

My wife is in a nursing home now called Whispering Pines Health Care. She has only been there for three days. So far it seems pretty good. Regarding the staff, maybe they are a little bit lax in giving her individual care. I realize that the employees there don't have the time to just be with one individual, so maybe I was expecting a little more than they are capable of giving. All in all, so far, I'm pretty satisfied with this nursing home. There is a nurse on the floor 24 hours a day, and you can visit anytime you want.

Posted by obviously not a good choice September 30, 2013
1.0

While visiting at this facility I saw numerous lights going off at residents rooms and the wait for help by nursing staff was ridiculous. I spoke to the "interim director" and he was rude and obnoxious. He said he had ample staff and that they just had to wait their turn. The tone of his voice was rude, sarcastic, and bossy. This is not the type of person who should be running a nursing home facility. What a bad taste he left in my mouth!!! While talking to staff members it is evident that his relationship with staff is to fire whoever he can whenever he can, leaving a nasty situation for staff and residents who have to constantly wean a new employee in with the use of their own person. I would not recommend this facility to anyone.

Posted by gmilanec April 10, 2012
3.0

I visited a sick friend in this facility and was underwhelmed by the attention of the staff to the residents. My friend said that they are often busy with more needy patients and I thought that they seemed understaffed. That said, the staff that was attending to the patients that I saw seemed attentive and compassionate. The d̩cor seemed a bit pieced together, as though it had been assembled from several estate sales mixed with your standard institutional furniture, but everything seemed in good repair. The smell of the facility was reasonably pleasant, but I could detect a faint scent of urine just under the surface. I was with my friend during mealtime and her food arrived hot and appeared fresh, but she said that it was bland and tasteless, which probably could not have been avoided as she was on a low sodium diet. All in all, it seemed nice enough, and while I was happy that my friend was able to return home, I thought she was well treated while she was there.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 155277

Health
1.0
Overall
2.0
Quality