Payment Options

Availability

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of James Square Health and Rehab Center

Posted by Lizzypoo August 21, 2012

I really don,t have anything negative to say about James Square nursing home except the location. I don't think it's in the safest part of the city. Parking can be difficult when it's busy and you would not feel safe parking on the streets. Other then that, the staff, the building, the food, everything is great. They take great care of my very complicated grandmother. She is stubborn and she doesn't like many nurses; this was the only place where she actually connects with the nurses. They are very patient, keep the place very clean, and she enjoys the food. On holidays they are very good about letting us use whatever room we want to have our meals in. We usually use the Cafe and have the whole room to ourselves.

Posted by matt123 July 24, 2012
4.0

I dont really have any negitive to say about this place. They take great care of my 80 year old grandmother who has not recovered from hip surgeory. She has been through a very rough time and the staff has really keep her in high energy. I bring her food often and we eat in an open room to get her 'away'. The staff is always open to this and bring us whatever we may need. I also take her to several places around town to eat, shop, or do whatever. The staff always makes sure she is ready and on the bus at the right time. Whatever we need them to do, the staff is right on it. Also, on holidays, we use their empty cafateria to have our meal in. The staff is very nice about allowing us to use it free of charge. I am glad that my grandmother will be spending the rest of her days at this place. Its a very clean facility, great staff and great care.

Posted by Natalie2 July 06, 2012
4.0

They have been very caring and understanding with my grandfather and his needs. After his stroke hes be on both sides of the fence and they have been patience with him. On the same note there are a few workers who are not the caring type and bring their attitudes to work. The facility is kept clean and in order and food is very good. My grandfather has adjusted well and very comfortable. we did have to put our foot down to not move his room again, as he gets disoriented each time he had moved; and they were kind enough to obliged and keep him where he is for his overall well being. Overall, i am satisfied with James Square.

Posted by mfrost1 June 02, 2012
4.0

The nursing home staff is very clean and pleasent to be around. They take very good care of my grandmother who is very needy. She has to stay in her bed all day and the staff does a great job at keeping her happy. There are several places she can go to 'get away' from everything. they also have venting machines with very good food in there. They treat her with a lot of great respect. I am happy i have picked this nursing home for my gradmother. I have also volunteered at this place and they have treated me very nicely as well. It is also very clean and free of oders.

Posted by GrannysGal April 14, 2012
4.0

James Square Nursing home in Syracuse, New York is a very clean facility with nice outdoor gardens, and the food is pretty good for a nursing home as well. They have a busy calendar of activities in-house for the residents as well as they also take some nice trips locally for dining, shopping, and even occasionally to a local casino! When the weather warms up, they also have an outdoor barbecue event for residents and family members for each floor of the home. It is especially nice because there are several floors to this home and many of the residents travel all around via their wheelchairs and socialize visit with other patients and visitors, in several lovely lounge areas. One of the nicest features of this facility is the fact that there is a lovely, nicely decorated for every holiday, sun-filled breezeway where many residents come to sit and relax every day or visit with family. It is a delightfully pleasant area that many of the residents enjoy as well as the nursing home has set up several dining tables there. They also have another lovely room upfront of the facility, where one can also just sit and relax, dine, or watch all the hustle and bustle of folks, buses, etc. passing by in the surrounding city area. Like in most areas, the local public bussing company provides rides for handicapped seniors along all the major public bus routes, by sending a smaller bus to take the seniors out in. There is much variety in the area as far as city, suburbs, and the country to take the resident out to and all for a small fee of no more than $3 one way. The nursing home is in the city, where there is much going on all spring and summer with festivals of all kinds and good dining all around along with many modern and lovely suburban shopping centers nearby. The cost of living in the Syracuse area is also very affordable. Overall, I would have to say, that James Square and the entire Syracuse, New York area is a great place to live and now to have transferred my mother to at this very descent and pleasant nursing home. The home is always decorating and keeping the entire place very clean and most the staff are very pleasant and accomodating. They also have a very good physical therapy clinic, that I've heard a lot of good things about around town.

Posted by lovewhatIdo August 20, 2011
2.0

The facility at first glanced seemed clean as I went through the front doors. However, once in my friend's relatives room, I noticed overfull trash cans.It looked like the bed had not been changed, feces and urine on them at least from the night before. Nurses talking on their cell phones, while patient's were trying to get assistance.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 335338

Health
1.0
Overall
1.0
Quality