Reviews of Bear Hill Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Posted by Tom47 March 28, 2014
3.0

My friend is in rehab now, so she is all set. She is at Bear Hill Rehabilitation and Nursing Center. This facility is pretty close to home. They have rehab and nursing facilities, but at the same building and with the same staff that goes back and forth. The staff is very good and very helpful. She has an open wound, and they are very knowledgeable about the vacuum bandage; they're very good. Elliot, the head rehab guy, he is really good. He sees that my friend gets all the work every day. She seems to be progressing very well. The room that she is in is semi-private. There is another person with her. They both have their own television, but there is enough privacy there. They have a shared bathroom. They have enough storage area. They have chairs and what-not so that people could visit here. Her room is very nice and clean. It is not huge, but it has enough room so that you can visit. It is always clean. The staff there is really good. They are up and down the hallways all the time keeping everything clean. They are doing a very good job of it. Food is not gourmet restaurant. I wouldn't go out all the way to eat there, but it is edible. My friend would have a big meal at lunch time and small snacks at supper time. It works out well. She eats well; they feed her good.

Posted by idon'twanttogivename June 30, 2012
4.0

The center was very welcoming when we visited. The grounds were beautiful and there was an amazing view over the golf course next door. The staff seemed very knowledgeable and open. Although my grandfather did not end up choosing to live there, he definitely seemed to like the facility.

Posted by Mom_Of_Two April 28, 2012
4.0

I never minded visiting my grandmother during her stay and I never felt uncomfortable bringing my young child to see her either. The facility was extremely clean and the staff members were always pleasant. The doctors that came into the patient's room did seem to get a little annoyed when there were family members visiting, but they still gave my grandmother the time she deserved and answered her questions while we were there. The nurses would allow me to bring some toys for my son and we would bring my grandmother outside in a wheelchair so she could sit in the sun and watch him play outside. One thing I was never too happy with was the smell of urine. It is understandable that there is incontinence in a nursing home but it seemed as if it was not properly cleaned up and disinfected because every time I visited I could smell urine while walking down the halls. Also, there were no personal laundry machines at the facility. Family members had to take my grandmothers laundry home to wash for her and that made her feel like a burden to others because she could not do it herself.

Location of Bear Hill Rehabilitation and Nursing Center