Reviews of Sarasota Health and Rehabilitation Center

Posted by Eda1 July 31, 2014
3.0

My husband has been at Sarasota Health and Rehab Center for a month and a half now. The main reason that I moved him there is because they supply a single room for him. All other facilities that I was looking at, all the prices are high but they always have two people in a room. The staff there seems to be very helpful. The nurses that work in shifts, they seem to do a really good job. My husband is very difficult to take care of, but it seems to me he is settling in. Also I spoke to the dietitian there and she puts the order to give more vegetables to my husband and I was glad to see that. With regards to food though, they could have a little bit better food because it is very hospital-like. Also I think they are overstaffed. There are so many people that do the same job.

My husband's room is a small room. They provided a large bed and a large wheelchair for him. However, the price is pretty steep. The facility's main halls, their rooms and the dining room have a hardwood floor. All their doors are all wide doors so it is easy to get in with the wheelchair. I think these are important in these facilities because there are so many people that are in wheelchairs or in walkers.

Posted by Sylvia4 April 18, 2013

After my father was discharged from the hospital, they took him to Sarasota Health and Rehabilitation Center. The place was alright. The rooms and staff were fine.

Posted by blair1 October 14, 2011
3.0

The facility was well amintained and kept clean and relatively odor free.The assistants and aides were uniformly kind, gentle and caring.The rehab personnel (my experience was related to a broken leg and rehab from surgery) were firm and unstinting in the dedication to getting the patients to perform the necessary activities to recover from their illness or surgery.The progress of the patients was monitored on a daily basis and in the event a patient failed to attend a rehab class as scheduled, within a very short period of time someone was sent to investigate the reason and the issue was resolved to the satisfaction of the attending physician.My only area of complaint and disagreement revolved around the food.I am a type II diabetic. My personal regimen consisted of a single pill taken twice dailey and strict dietary control.However, the food presented consisted of approximately 35% carbohydrates (as was required by state law I was told).This caused my blood sugar levels to be elevated despite my medication and as a result, I was given insulin injections on an as needed basis to control my blood sugar.As a result, I had friends and family bring food and snacks for me. The facility had a storage area and a refrigerator for this purpose with controlled acces.Overall I was satisfied with my several minth stay at this facility and would recommend it to others with the qualification that if there are special dietary issues that you must have friends and family standing by to assist.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 105155

Health
1.0
Overall
2.0
Quality