Reviews of Sarasota Health and Rehabilitation Center

Sarasota Health and Rehabilitation Center
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Sylvia4 April 18, 2013

After my father was discharged from the hospital, they took him to Sarasota Health and Rehabilitation Center. The place was alright. The rooms and staff were fine.

Sarasota Health and Rehabilitation Center
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by blair1 October 14, 2011
3.0

The facility was well amintained and kept clean and relatively odor free.The assistants and aides were uniformly kind, gentle and caring.The rehab personnel (my experience was related to a broken leg and rehab from surgery) were firm and unstinting in the dedication to getting the patients to perform the necessary activities to recover from their illness or surgery.The progress of the patients was monitored on a daily basis and in the event a patient failed to attend a rehab class as scheduled, within a very short period of time someone was sent to investigate the reason and the issue was resolved to the satisfaction of the attending physician.My only area of complaint and disagreement revolved around the food.I am a type II diabetic. My personal regimen consisted of a single pill taken twice dailey and strict dietary control.However, the food presented consisted of approximately 35% carbohydrates (as was required by state law I was told).This caused my blood sugar levels to be elevated despite my medication and as a result, I was given insulin injections on an as needed basis to control my blood sugar.As a result, I had friends and family bring food and snacks for me. The facility had a storage area and a refrigerator for this purpose with controlled acces.Overall I was satisfied with my several minth stay at this facility and would recommend it to others with the qualification that if there are special dietary issues that you must have friends and family standing by to assist.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 105155

Health
1.0
Overall
2.0
Quality