Top nearby Nursing Homes:

Reviews of Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center -

Posted by justme112 August 08, 2013
3.0

I've been quite frequently to visit a family member. And as often as possible the only cna whose shown compassion, understanding and went outta his way was a man named Danny. He had a person working with him but all she did was talk and use her cell. Yet thru doing his job by himself he remind so.sweet and kind. Another cna that was there once at a earlier time was just rude as fudge. More workers are needed like him. The facility looks nice but most staff is just short and rude. Props to this Danny guy for being kind to my family..

Posted by Livelaughlove July 28, 2013
3.0

I recently had a family member at Legend Oaks West and loved the staff. Although there are a couple of things that could be better overall it was a great experience. Most of the staff was very friendly and approachable with the exemption on the social worker who seemed bothered by everything. Meals were very good and made according to my loved ones needs. My loved one needed extensive assistance eating and although last to eat she was given one on one attention keeping her safe and healthy. My loved one loved all the activities and her nurses on the Rehab side. I would recommend this facility to anyone who needs a loving safe environment fur their family members.

Posted by SOOO-Unsatisfied June 20, 2013
1.0

My mother had a stroke leaving her paralyzed on her left side. Unfortunately it was not my decision to place her at LOH WEST and we're trying to relocate her as soon as possible.
I go there every day and it breaks my heart to see how our elderly are ignored and rounded up, rolled in front of a TV and made to wait to be taken back to their rooms to go to the bathroom or be changed and put back to bed. Many if not most wear briefs (diapers) so can relieve themselves but they are then made to sit in their own waste until a staff member can take them to their room to be changed. I've been there with mom when it's taken over an hour before someone is able to get her back into bed to get her changed. The dinning room and meals is another sad scene, I've been in the dinning room for every meal at different times and it's the same each time. The staff run around like chickens with their heads cut off. There is no organization for distributing drinks and meals. Occasionally STEAMING hot coffee is served in styrofoam cups making it difficult for the elderly to grasp. I've been scaled while stirring mom's coffee. By the time the meal is served, the residents have all finished their coffee or drinks and are banging their cups on the table asking for more coffee to drink with their meal. It's just awful, and pitiful that the residents that need assistance with eating are left to wait until everyone else is served, by that time their food is cold and they haven't gotten anything to drink because no one is assisting them.

Because I'm there everyday I see this all the time. I was told by a nurse that there is one CNA for 20 or more residents or one CNA per wing. For the residents that can't do very much for themselves using the call button is useless because there aren't enough staff on hand to attend to the residents. There can be a LVN at the desk, but the nurse won't make an effort to check on the blinking lights from residents who are waiting for assistance. There have been many occasions that after mom has been changed, the CNA forgets to clip the call button within reach and mom is left yelling out asking for help or she's managed to get to her phone to call me so I can call the nurses station to have someone go to her room to help or change her. Mom says she can hear arguing between the staff out in the hall and or hear the staff complaining about another staff member. I could go on and on but my best advice is if you love your elderly loved one don't leave them alone at LOH WEST. I'm really serious, I feel so guilty that mom is forced to stay there until we can get her to another location or back into her own home.

Posted by concernedfamilymember1 April 27, 2012
1.0

This place was horrible, my dad was here for 3 months and in that time period he developed three bed sores, I found 2 of them. I had to make them bathe him. I found several roaches in his room. I would never recommend this place to anyone. The nurse director is clueless and the administrator is unavailable. HORRID EXPERIENCE

Posted by roger A March 28, 2012
4.0

Legend Oaks is a very good and well maintained facility. I visited this facility about two or three times in the past month. It has a great security system in place with a personal check in at the main entrance. Even though it is a small facility compared to other nursing homes in San Antonio it is in my opinion one of the best. All staff members that I came in contact with were very professional and compassionate in nature. Cleanliness is of utmost priority at Legend Oaks. The staff has a excellent association with the patients and they are very attentive. When medicine is to be administered at a particular time the staff always follows strict guidelines. The food preparation is very good and the nurses take their time if a patient needs to be fed by hand. All in all from my own experience visiting my friend there was quite satisfying. My friend who has liver cancer was very happy and content about the doctors and the staff in general. Rooms and bedding were always kept clean and orderly. Well run establishment.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 676113

Health
3.0
Overall
2.0
Quality