From South Port Square

As soon as you enter the campus of South Port Square, you?ll instantly realize you?re in a very special place. Lush palms, flowers, and greenery sway in the breeze while aquatic birds take flight overhead. Combine that with sunshine shimmering on the lake?s waters and you?ll feel like you?ve just set foot in a tropical paradise.

Every day is a day to take notice of at South Port Square. The other thing you?ll notice? The smiling faces of all our neighbors and the warmth of their greetings. Here neighbors enjoy each other?s company, learn from each other, and support one another in an active, engaging environment.

South Port Square is truly the best of all worlds. You?ll experience the fulfillment of Living Wise and Well while surrounded by a unique atmosphere ? one that brings together the sundappled tranquility and coastal serenity of a tropical paradise with the energy and vitality of a vibrant community. Everything you need is here ? including a close-knit neighborhood of warm, friendly people you?ll feel like you?ve known forever.

Reviews of South Port Square

Posted by Caring70747350 April 12, 2014

My husband was in South Port Square in rehab. It has everything. It's real nice, but we couldn't afford it. If you went there to live, they have apartments. They have a dining room. You go there and eat in the dining room. The food was good there, even in the rehab. The staff was very good. The women who are interested do craft work there. They get together and do things, and they have entertainment. We like it being close to our home here where we live. We know people in this community, so that part was good.

Posted by Mary48 March 29, 2013

The rooms are beautiful at South Port. The whole place is very nice. The nursing staff cares very much. They do as much as they can for getting patients in and out of appointments with doctors. They're able to take the patients out to go somewhere if they want to take them out to dinner. They do the laundry. The food seems very good. They're overall an A+ place.

Posted by Jan3 June 21, 2012
4.0

The grounds and buildings are well maintained. When you drive up to the complex, it looks like a resort. There are nice places for the residents to walk and sit outside. They have good activities for the residents. My parents seem to enjoy all the activities, especially the musical programs. The elderly seem to like listening to music from when they were young. After residents expressed problems with the dining room/food, the facility addressed the concerns and things seem to have improved.I do have concerns with communication between the medical staff, aides, residents, residents' doctors, and residents' family. I don't think everyone at the facility is kept current of the residents' problems and concerns and what needs to be done for them. We have experienced things falling between the cracks when not followed up by the family. Some of this maybe due to my parents being fairly new residents, but I think some of it is due to the staff not being experienced or they are understaffed, or people not taking the initiative to resolve issues. I'm not really sure. However, overall we are happy with the facility and my parents are settling in ok.

Posted by Ernie50 January 20, 2012
1.0

My father was at this facility for just over 24 hours before he died. He was recovering from heart surgery and was doing very well when he left the hospital. When I went to visit him just a couple of hours before he passed, I noticed the smell of feces as I passed several rooms. Medical staff were wandering around, noticibly not addressing the urine and fecal smell. When I spoke to my father, he told me that they left him laying in his own feces for hours without assisting him. I assured him that I was going to get him out of this facility the next morning, but I was too late. We never had an autopsy done, so I don't know what killed him. As a legal disclaimer, I am in no way saying that this facility is responsible for his death. I am only reporting what I observed and what was told to me by my father.

Location of South Port Square