Reviews of Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center Inc

Posted by busymother October 14, 2014

I had my mother in law at the Prestonwood facility. From the moment she was admitted we were very impressed. The care was exceptional! The staff was so kind, the food was excellent my mother in law loved the menu with so many choices. The facility was clean, and the therapy team you couldn't ask for better. Thank you Prestonwood, we have referred many people too you..... and they have had the same experience!

Posted by Caring62302750 October 11, 2014
4.0

Prestonwood Rehabilitation is in a very nice neighborhood and the rooms are beautiful. Everything is new. The facility looked pleasant. The people were happy, neat, and very upscale. The programs they have are excellent. They’re right in there doing speech therapy and physical therapy. My mom said the rehab center is fabulous. It looked like the patients were doing really well. People leave before their time is up because they push them so hard. The nursing staff in the rehab part is excellent. Over in the skilled nursing, not so much. I think there’s a huge discrepancy between the skilled nursing and the rehab center.

My mom complains about the food all the time, but I’m beginning to think it’s just something that elderly people do. They complain about everything. My son was there and he had some of her soup and he said it was fabulous. He’s a gourmet chef himself.

She says the people are very nice ,and they treat her well but she’s miserable there. She’s just unhappy no matter where she is with the condition she’s in. They have a calendar up there; there is something for them to do everyday and there are multiple choices.

Posted by Video Evidence August 04, 2014
1.0

We put mom there to rehab after surgery. We placed a camera in the room, which by the way I suggest you alway do this for the safety of your loved one. Three days into her stay we are reviewing the video. We watch as someone comes into the room with a clipboard in her hand. Mom is not in the room. This person looks behind her, then opens up the closet where mom's belongings are stored. She is seen removing something the is soon revealed to be mom's wallet. She begins rifling through the wallet, dropping change in her search for cash and cards. We had of course removed any valuables from the purse before putting it into the room. This person takes the purse and puts in back in the closet as she is constantly checking behind her. We then see this same woman come into the room about 20 minutes later and conducts a survey with mom, as if nothing has happened. Turns out this horrible person is a DIRECTOR level person at Prestonwood Rehab. The facility is notified of what took place. They seemed horrified, and told us that they would address the issue and our identity would be confidential. The next day we came to the room and there was a sign on the door reading "THIS ROOM IS UNDER VIDEO SURVEILLANCE" . So much for the confidentiality. Then began a process by Prestonwood to remove Mom from their facility. Within a week, all of a sudden they have done all they can for mom. She was no where near ready to go. We moved her out to a REAL Rehab facility, and she was there for another week, before being able to return home. This facility may be beautiful, but it's staff is not competent, and we know they will steal then get rid of the victim as fast as possible. Stay away from this place for Rehab. Go to a Real Rehab facility such as Baylor etc.

Posted by Carol78700250 February 28, 2014

Overall, we have been very pleased with Prestonwood Rehab and Nursing Center. When you go in, they do have a plaque that says 2013 Best Nursing Home and that really adds up a plus to the people being there. One of their occupational therapist is amazing. She is very cheerful and sweet. They have a private room, but my grandma has a roommate and that has actually been really good for her. My grandma said she likes the food. They have a lot of food options.

Posted by TheGrouch June 05, 2013

I was a patient at Prestonwood Rehab for the past five weeks and I wanted to thank the staff for taking such good care of me. Dealing with your nurses was a special treat. They were all professional, but also very pleasant and easy to get along with. Thank you to all, very sincerely. It is not easy to be away from home but your staff made it more pleasant. Sincerely O.B. in Dallas, TX

Posted by GalefromPlano March 19, 2013

During my mother's 1 week + stay, her nurse Lydia always kept us informed, gave the best care and treated my mom and family with utmost care and respect. The world would be a much better place if there were more people like Lydia. My husband and I, along with family spent from very early morning til as late as 2am there so we witnessed their efforts first hand.

Posted by J C FISHBECK November 09, 2012
4.0

I visited my mother for two weeks in July, 2012 while she was housed at Prestonwood. Initially i was impressed with the cleanliness of the facility, then with the people I came into contact with. My initial meeting with the administrators and department head for physical therapy, Donna, I learned the objectives for my mother's rehab during her stay. I then became acquainted with the two primary physical and occupational therapists, Celeste and Karen who both instrumental in motivating mother to work diligently toward recovery from her hip socket fractures. I also became acquainted with the attendants who responded to mother's needs during her stay. I will likely leave someone out, but recall Doreen, Sierra, Geoffrey and others were both pleasantly helpful and attentive. The only shortcoming I observed was at lunch time, the residents would be brought to the dining hall shortly before 12 noon. during my visits there, the residents often sat for 30 to 40 minutes before being served. perhaps there is a logical reason for the long delay - special diets for some, whatever. It seems this is one area that could be fine tuned. Mother was discharged on Sept. 5th, 2012, a bit earlier than expected. I credit her therapists and those who attended to her for encouraging her to work hard, gain strength and be more self sufficient. (Couldn't get the rating stars to remain - you all get a 4 star rating).

Posted by John Adam June 08, 2012

The care given my Father is exceptional. The staff is friendly, caring and professional. I'm proud to have my Father in Prestonwood.

Medicare Ratings