Reviews of Heritage Manor Healthcare Center

Posted by Robert D March 28, 2014
4.0

My mother-in-law lives at Heritage Manor and we visit at least once every two weeks and drop by randomly. My wife and I spend time talking with the nurses and staff members that tend to her wing of the facility. When we need to make them aware of anything, we speak to the nursing staff or doctor directly. They have always responded to our needs. They have a hard and thankless job. Be kind and thank them for taking care of your family member. It goes a long way. If it's time for a family member's need to enter a nursing home, I recommend that you make regular visits and be a part of their care. You will find that the staff will take better care of your loved one if you stay involved. I have no complaints.

Posted by Jeannette3 August 28, 2013
1.0

My visit at Heritage Manor Healthcare Center was very disappointing. The place smelled bad and I saw residents who asked for help but were ignored. The worst part of my visit was that there was a man who yelled for help but no one went and checked on him. It would be better if they were more attentive.

Posted by RUNawayfromHeritage May 17, 2012
1.0

They didn't feed my relative for over 24 hours. They tried to lie and say they did but I was there during one of the times they said they fed him. He was there for therapy and not once in 3 days did he get it. They tried to say he was sleeping... which isn't true. I had a paid "babysitter" that said they didn't even try. When I made them bring him food, they brought peanut butter sandwiches. There was urine on the floor in the room. They called me many times his first day to come take care of him - within the first 12 hours. The room was always at 85 degrees. This place needs to be shut down. Do not let your family stay here. You will regret it. If I could rate this place less than one star I would.

Posted by Shanaynay May 16, 2012
1.0

The people who work there only care about opening your mail and cashing your SSI checks. They look like hoods and the place has an obscene ghetto feel to it. I would say go somewhere else.

Posted by Daddy'sGirl7 June 13, 2011
1.0

Friend or relative of resident

My mother-in-law had to leave an assisted living facility to move to a nursing home due to the severity of her osteoporosis. My father-in-law was mobile but had alzheimers and did not want to be separated from his wife. The administrative offices assured us that they could stay together and they had lots of experience and expertise with alzheimer's patients. This could not have been further from the truth. My husband and I would get calls around 3:00 a.m. asking my husband to come and "do something" with his father. One of the nurses told me that the night staff often locked my father-in-law in his room so they didn't have to deal with him. My mother-in-law kept dropping weight. We finally realized the staff would bring her a tray of food but would not open the containers or help feed her. She had never had bedsores until she moved to that facility. We hired a private nurse to stay with them 24/7 until we could find another facility. I noticed alot of neglect with other patients while I was visiting. One poor woman was strapped to her bed and would constantly set alarms off. I bought her a stuffed animal to hold and pet and that seemed to calm her down. Our complaints were never taken seriously at the facility so we reported them to the proper authorities and of course moved my in-laws out.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 455861

Health
1.0
Overall
1.0
Quality