Payment Options

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of The Heritage Shadyside

Posted by AnthP June 30, 2012
4.0

The staff was very caring. My relative who lives there can be a handful, and other nursing homes have rejected her. But the staff at Heritage was very helpful and never had anything negative to show to the visitors and were always very nice to both the patients and their visitors. The facilities were well kept. Especially the common areas. They were very modern and did not give the impression of a hospital environment at all (in a good way). The commons rooms were well lit and beautifully painted. The parts of Heritage that were devoted to hospital care were state of the art. The location is one of the best parts of Heritage. It is centrally located in the city so relatives of the patients are always close by. All in all, I would recommend Heritage Nursing Home for all of the reasons listed above. My Grandmother absolutely loves it and so does her family.

Posted by jumpdown123 April 14, 2012
3.0

On the day that I went there, I saw some unpleasant things. Some of the orderlies were sitting in the common area watching soap operas while simultaneously pushing food into the seniors' mouths. It made me sad to see food not making it into their mouth and falling into their laps. Sometimes, they were being fed too quickly and they couldn't keep up. They looked so sad having to constantly open their mouths when the next spoonful came.I also saw one of the orderlies lifting a patient up by their arms. I was seriously scared that the patient's brittle bones would break or a shoulder would become dislocated. The nurses were pretty good, though. I did like that the physical therapists were kind enough to take things slowly with their patients. It was nice to see them offer words of encouragement to the client as he/she walked up and down the halls.

Posted by Daughter0809 July 14, 2011
2.0

Double rooms. Unpleasant staff especially the night shift. My dad felt like he was not cared for and felt that the staff was hostile. He left as soon as we could find other placement. The therapists were great and medical providers were great but the rest of the staff was unpleasant, unhelpful, and certainly not caring.

Location of The Heritage Shadyside