Reviews of Highland Manor Health & Rehab

Posted by don gimpo March 23, 2014
1.0

I wouldn't wish this facility on my worst enemy. I was a resident there for a month last year. The food is crap. The nursing staff would rather take smoke breaks than work. You'll probably catch lung cancer from the odors coming off of them. They charge you EXTRA to have an occupational therapist give you a shower, if you're lucky once a week. The physical therapists play "paddy cake" with you, They just watch you work out on a stationary bike or walk with you up and down the hallways other than work with you. You'll either freeze to death or sweat to death. The place is ancient even after a renovation. You'll share a leaky toilet seat with 3 other residents. The hallways are loud and noisy all night long. They are more concerned with meeting statewide inspections than caring for patients. God forbid you have to wear adiaper while you're there like I did. One time the nurse left feces between my upper thigh and my testicles even after he cleaned me. Some of the male night staff border on sexual deviation. Even after telling one I hadn't urinated in my diaper at 4:00 in the morning TWICE, he had the balls to grab my balls to feel if I was lying.

Hey, thanks for nothing Highland/Camelback Post Acute Care and Rehab. I did all the work and my body recovered as much as it could without your help. It was like 4 weeks in a jail waiting to end.

Posted by ahaha554 June 22, 2013

This facility is one of the best places ive been to. They take care of my auth and have for a couple of months. I was her primary care giver and she went to the hospital, then to Highland Manor for therapy. We didnt know she would end up staying there long term but I knew I couldnt take care of my aunt any more by myself. They helped me with the application for long term care ins and the sw got her approved really fast. The people that helped admit her answered all 200000 questions for me and even gave me her cell phone number if any thing else came up. They openly communicate with me which means a lot becuase I am constantly worring about my aunt. I am thankful there is still good people in the world like them to take such good care of people who really need it.

Posted by 123vlo May 23, 2013
1.0

It was a good facility early last year but I noticed change of administrators and went doen hill. My mom suffered there o much... they didnt care much.. therapy was requested by primary dr. And never was done. They fed my mother hot dogs and chips her diet was supposed to be low sodium!! We had to remind them my mother needed to use her bipap... She got sick retained fluid it went to her lungs and ended up in the hospital. And it was her last trip!!

Posted by Pauls Wife March 29, 2013
4.0

Highland Manor Health & Rehab was an old building but it was spotless and smelled good. The staff attended to the residents very well and the residents loved the place. There were days when the food was delicious, and days when it was awful.

Posted by wowthanks February 24, 2013

I am been in the medical field and I must say I am very impressed with this facility. Not only does my friend recieve the best care, but he says he feels right at home. We have been going back and forth with these places for years and I am SO releived that we finally found a place for my friend. There is always someone willing to help and go the extra mile just because they want to help. They correct their mistakes and make sure they do not reoccur. I would recommend this facility to who ever wants themself or their family member to have great CARE. Its not brand new, but it is clean, and the staff sets them apart. Hands down the best place we have been.

Posted by lalalovely December 29, 2012

The people that work here are amazing. Not only are they good at what they do but they love what they do. The doctors are so friendly and always available. They took the best care of my grandma, and my mother. If I had to go somewhere I would choose here. There place is not brand new, but it is clean and feels just like home. Not only that but if anything thing small ever did happen the managers were very quick to correct the mistake. Thank you Highland!!!

Posted by SRRA December 19, 2011
2.0

I have visited the facility numerous over the past six years  I think Highland Manor is a facility that has been around for awhile and thats that. While there, I witnessed that the male  residents faces weren't shaved, the female residents hair wasn't brushed, there was residents in he hallway unattended and it had a horrible urine odor smell as soon as you walked through the door. The staff was very pleasant the hallways were decorated for the season and the administration was very pleasant as well. I feel the residents receive care to get them through the day. Highland Manor is a great facility to use for a person who has a skilled nursing.

In general, I would rank this facility two out of five stars for the reason of seeing the residents the way I saw them at my last visit.

Posted by Anonymous77 June 27, 2011
4.0

I have a friend of the family that currently lives in this facility. The center is consistently clean and clear of clutter or smell. I visit on a monthly basis. My friend enjoys her time at Highland and raves that the food is great. I have not tried it.

It seems that each time I visit, there are activities happening and ""events"" planned and advertised. I enjoy this concept - I believe it gives the residents something to look forward to.

Her family is satisfied with the care given and will continue to keep their daughter a resident.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 035088

Health
3.0
Overall
4.0
Quality