From the Provider
The Mission of Aviv Centers for Living is to enrich the life of each of our residents and program participants, so that each can continue to live his or her life with a sense of meaning and purpose.
Aviv's skilled nursing facility fosters a deep sense of community and home-away-from-home environment for long-term residents in need of comprehensive care. We are dedicated to improving each resident's potential through an individualized care plan and a holistic approach that focuses on mind, body, and spirit.
Our highly-skilled doctors, nurses, therapists, and social workers are knowledgeable, kind and compassionate. We work in close partnership with residents and their families to ensure only the highest quality of care and services. Our long term care program includes:
- Exemplary 24 hour nursing care, ensuring comfort and dignity for residents
- On-site medical director, physician assistant and nurse practitioner
- Individualized care plan developed by experienced interdisciplinary team that evaluates, assesses and treats a wide range of medical diagnoses, orthopedic conditions, and neurological impairments
- Physical, Speech and Occupational Therapies available in state-of-the-art gym
- A dedicated, kind, and compassionate staff. Many have built long and rewarding careers with us
- Palliative care that maximizes function and quality of life through pharmacological pain management, or alternative pain management therapies we provide
- Safe and nurturing environment
- Roots and celebrations in the Jewish tradition of honoring parents
What makes Aviv Centers for Living unique is our interconnected system of care options. From our skilled nursing care and an adult day health center to assisted living, short-term rehabilitation and beyond, we take great pride in knowing our patients, residents, clients and their families can depend on the extensive experience of our staff. We also offer community based programs such as geriatric care management and home care. Centered on the premise that dignity and respect are of foremost importance, Aviv nurses, physicians and rehabilitation specialists work with families to combine care with technical expertise to treat complex medical issues. Aviv provides social, cultural, and intergenerational programming, as well as social services, family support and public education.
In September 2012, these services will be significantly enhanced when we open the doors to a new state-of-the-art facility on our Peabody campus. For over six decades, Aviv Centers for Living has grown and evolved. Yet tomorrow as yesterday, we remain committed to our primary goal of ensuring the dignity and well-being of our community's elderly. Aviv Centers for Living stands a symbol of the North Shore Jewish community's concern and compassion for those who can no longer independently care for themselves.
Secured Alzheimer’s and Dementia Unit: Yes
Care for residents (living outside of a secured Alzheimer’s unit) that have mild Dementia: Yes
Private Pay, LTCI, VA