Reviews of Delmar Gardens of Overland Park

Posted by lucyb1214 July 02, 2014
1.0

VERY disappointed with the care my mother recieved here on their rehab hall. I often found my mother crying when I came in and said she was scared. The nurses didnt seem to know what they were doing most of the time and the nurse assistants were impossible to find and when I would find them they were rude. I had to find my mother somewhere else to finish her rehab it was so bad. The therapy staff was helpful and were the only ones that made me feel as though my mother was getting proper treatment. I would not recommend this place to anyone! I don't even know how they can keep their doors open for business, the people that work at chick fil a are more well mannered and compassionate then their staff!!!

Posted by Brianne95 July 18, 2013
1.0

Horrible. My grandmother resided here for 4 years. She fell multiple times and waited hours for help to come. Some staff were kind, many were not helpful or concerned about her well-being.

Posted by drgonzo May 18, 2012
4.0

Delmar Gardens is a strikingly pretty facility in Overland Park, Kansas. The retirement community building boasts a two-story atrium that floods the main floor with light. The architecture is contemporary and the public areas are painted in soft tones. Furnishings are a good example of what one comes to expect in retirement communities, plush and rich in appearance. Delmar Gardens emphasizes more gracious living than some facilities, and its initial impression supports this.The attractive apartments seem spacious, with large bedrooms. The closets are spacious, which is often important to those planning a move from a private house to a retirement community. The apartments are equipped with full kitchens, which are separate rooms, not fully open to the living area, which is also attractive to many who are transitioning from houses. The apartments have large sliding glass doors opening onto decks.We toured Delmar Gardens with a staff member for more than an hour, and we saw few residents in the public areas. We mentioned this to the staff member, and she acknowledged that their residents seem to stay in their own apartments other than at meal time or organized activities. Each facility develops its own culture, and this is one consideration.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 175182

Health
2.0
Overall
3.0
Quality