Reviews of Plott Nursing Home

Posted by anon372 May 07, 2014
1.0

My elderly parent came to this facility because of its proximity to other family members. While this facility certainly is not the worst, it leaves much to be desired. There is definitely a shortage of nurses which completely affects the care of the resident. Pain meds may not be given on time. I found that my mother was often thirsty and was concerned that the nurses were not actively helping/encouraging her to drink fluids. Many times when I asked who her nurse was for that shift I was told that person didn't know and I had to pursue the point until they found the nurse. The facility smelled of urine. Bottom line: understaffed, overworked, unable to adequately fullfill patients needs. You must be proactive and an advocate for your loved one. Necessities can fall through the cracks, ex. no dresser for room although I asked repeatedly.

Posted by Caring72936450 February 28, 2014
3.0

Mom needs to be in a place that gives special attention to her and so we placed her at Plott Nursing Home. She is diabetic so her meals need to be monitored. It’s a very large facility and their rooms are shared. I think their staff are pretty good people. They have things going on for the residents, but my mom is not really into socializing with others. She doesn’t really bother participating in any of them. I think they need to be more responsive when a resident asks for help.

Posted by Rudy2 December 17, 2012
1.0

We took my dad to the Plott Nursing Home because he couldn't walk and we couldn't care for him at home. But we made a mistake of leaving him there. Everything was fine when he went in there because my mom was in there for a month and everything was wonderful when they first came in. We visit my dad every day. One night when I went there, I could tell there was a problem and he wasn't feeling well. He was laboring in his breathing and I tried to get the people to do something. I had to practically scream to get them into the room and they finally realized that they had screwed up and he was in a real bad shape so we had to rush him to the hospital. They're not paying enough attention to him. He had to be hand fed, and sometimes when we walked in we see that this wasn't being done. He did not improve at all and ended up getting pneumonia.

Posted by Yuri1 December 08, 2012
2.0

Plott Nursing Home is in the middle of a residential area. My aunt stayed there for about eight months. The place did smell of urine and is not well kept.

Posted by AmiR4663 January 07, 2012
4.0

I was able to speak with a speech therapist who was working at this facility and told me that Plott facilities place a big emphasis on activities for rehab. I did see a lot of patients gathered in the activity room and dining room. The facility itself is an older building and could use a facelift; the vinyl floor tiles were cracked. While the rooms appeared clean, I was able to detect a slight odor. The patients looked clean and seemed content as they gathered around one of the TV rooms. I liked that the building has lots of commercial windows to let light in and a receptionist desk at the entrance.

Posted by gemsa girl November 13, 2011
3.0

A very busy complex. . . too many patients not enough nurses. Patients had to wait for pain meds way to long. The nurses were very sweet, polite, caring, overworked. We were told of activities, but never offered to be taken or where I could take my husband. But, he DID get physical therapy, great people. They were polite, fun, encouraging . The facility is large, spacious, nice rooms. There needs to be more nurses, and pain med procedures reconsidered. We would consider returning if necessary. Nice patios!

Posted by sbdm February 03, 2011

NOT fit for my DOG!

In Oct 2010, I observed Plott's, heard about activities, & talked with volunteer that helped out for years. The insurance co gave me 3 places to choose from. My mom was only going to be there for 4 wks, so how bad could it be? Mom had macular degeneration & could see, but was considered legally blind so needed help getting around. Here is MY list: (REMEMBER, only there for 4 wks): 1. My mom was only taken ONCE to Bingo. What happened to all of the activities they mentioned that they would take her to? 2. NO shower in 4 weeks. My mother washed herself in the bathroom sink. 3. Laundry was washed ONCE in 4 wks, just before I picked her up. Only had 1 week of clothes - told would be washed WEEKLY. 4.Meals were given to her in her room. She ate & since she was bored, she slept in bed all day. WHERE's the ACTIVITIES? 5. One weekly medicine. Gave facility 4 pills for 4 weeks. 4 - 4 = 0. How did I get back TWO (2) pills? Conflicting stories were lies in my opinion. NOT SUITED for a DOG!!! Wish it was different.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 055619

Health
1.0
Overall
1.0
Quality