Reviews of Providence Mother Joseph Care

Posted by rherbur September 27, 2012

This facility is very pleasant to visit. The facility is always very clean. The place seems well managed. The facility is divided into a couple of different sections depending on the particular needs of the client. It is built around a large courtyard which the residents can visit anytime. The staff appears to be professional and caring. They know all the residents by name. When you visit the staff is friendly. They seem to have a great deal of patience, even with the most difficult of the residents. The food (which I have tried) looks appetizing and, according to my mother, is good 95 percent of the time. The facility offers crafts and occasional entertainment. There is exercise equipment in a dedicated room. A variety of exercise routines are offered throughout the week. Residents are encouraged, but not pressured, to participate. Also, physical therapy is available. Resident rooms are modest size but nice, airy, and bright from natural light.

Posted by GuiCyber December 08, 2011

I have been volunteering at this facility for about eleven years now, and can honestly say it gets better every time I come back. I have also taken a CNA course at a college and went with a group of my class to do hands-on training there. This facility is very nice and treats their residence with the utmost respect. They plan activities for the residents to take part in: movie times, bingo, song times, and many other programs for them. It's not even like they are in a facility at all, but more their own home with opportunities to participate with the community.

The staff are extremely attentive and sincerely caring. They know each person by name and really get involved with the whole person including their likes, dislikes, thoughts and feelings. They are always so friendly, and always impress me.

The facilities are very clean and well kept. They decorate the halls with photos of the residents having a great time and even some of their artwork. Residents families are allowed to come in during visiting hours and also participate with their family member in different activities as well. This environment is so stimulating with happiness, that I could not even imagine going to another facility. I give Mother Joseph Care Center the highest rating and would reference them to anyone and everyone. Go and tour today!

Posted by amazon1 December 08, 2011
4.0

Several weeks ago a dear friend of our family was placed in Mother Joseph Care Center in Olympia, Washington. It was a shock to all of us because our family friend had been in good health, despite his age. He does have Perkinsons but has had it for years and had been managing it well. He took a terrible fall and hit his head. His neighbor called the ambulance and he was sent to the hospital. He stayed in the hospital for a few days and after that was released to Mother Joseph Care Center. My family and I were very worried because he is very independent and used to living on his own. We weren't sure how he was going to react. We were prepared for the worst. To our surprise, the transition went very well. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. And from the start they put our family friend at ease. His stay will be short (compared to many of the residents there) and we are hopeful that he will soon be able to return to his own home. I can't say enough good things about the staff - they were warm and encouraging and the facility was welcoming and clean.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 505387

Health
3.0
Overall
4.0
Quality