Top nearby Nursing Homes:

About The Newport

The Newport is a nursing home in Newport News, VA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact The Newport for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Reviews of The Newport

Average Rating: 5.0 based on 1 Review

The Newport
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by darksaturn7 October 11, 2011

I remember coming here during my HS days. We IBers (the program we were in at the time) had taken on projects to hep our community. We could tutor younger children, help clean up other areas around town or hang out with the elderly. Over this time period I visited a few centers, reading to the persons who lived there.

At The Newport, I felt as if the staff were there, or rather wanted to be there. They weren't smiling because they had to in front of visitors, you saw it in their care of their residents. A simple smile in the nurses voice towards the gentleman I recall watching TV with in asking which team was winning that day put a smile on my face. She didn't have to ask him anything but she did. In fact in observing the staff it was readily apparently they saw their residents as people not more mouths to feed, bath and babysit. It was a very classy place in my opinion.

Medicare Ratings