Payment Options

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Rolling Fields, Inc

Posted by Kathyjoz October 06, 2013
1.0

My father lost his left leg due to diabetes. I moved in with him and my mother so that I could care for him. I cleaned and dressed his remaining foot and leg every day for 2 1/2 years. I took him to all of his doctor's appts. and was not afraid to ask questions on his behalf. In August of 2011 he contracted pneumonia and was very weak. By that time all of his toes on his right foot had been cut off due to gangrene. When asked where I would like him to go for therapy, I chose Rolling Fields because both of his sisters and his brother in law are patients there, and I thought that would make him feel comfortable. On one of my visits I witnessed a nurse treating his leg with the wrong medicine. When I asked her why she told me that "the doctor" told her to do it. When I asked her what doctor she said it was the doctor at the wound clinic that I went to every single appt. with my dad for 2 1/2 years. I told her that I would be calling the doctor. I did call him and his head nurse called the Nursing Home to tell her that I was right. The head of Nursing at the home told me that if I had any questions or concerns that I could meet with her. When I did meet with her, I asked her how many nurses per ward were on duty and how many patients they had to care for. She got very belligerent, and said she didn't know and started waving the nursing schedule in my face asking me if I would like to see it. I couldn't believe her reaction and I told her so. She replied with "I don't know why you would ask me that question." I, in turn told her that I had the right and responsibility to know because I wanted to know what kind of care my father would be receiving. I got no where with her!! She was totally unprofessional and defensive!! On October 27,2011 I called my father in the morning, and he was slurring his words and seemed confused. I told him that I would be there in about an hour. After we hung up I called the nurse and told her that something was terribly wrong with my father and she needed to check on him NOW! She said she hadn't had time because she was giving out flu shots. She then called me back and said that I shouldn't hurry to see him because he would probably be dead by the time I got there!!! The heart retching sobbing and screaming that came out of my mouth after she told me that didn't even sound human!! Sure enough, when me, my mom, sister and brother in law got there he was dead. They said he probably died of a blood clot. I think in my heart that he was already dead when she called me. I know my father would not have lived forever, but I blame his death on not enough care, and not enough knowledgeable people working there. Also, my aunt that was a patient there. She fell in her bathroom and laid there all night before a nurse saw her, she had broken her femur. Her husband is still a patient there. He is in the Alzheimer's ward. He wandered into another patient's room in the middle of the night and also laid on the floor all night long, breaking his hips. I highly recommend that if you have a loved one that needs nursing home care to not put them there. Or if you decide to, do your homework and google them to see what kind of rating they have. I think they got mad at me for asking questions about my dad,my aunt and my uncles healthcare because most people just leave their loved ones there and never call or go to see them. They weren't used to a family member asking questions. According to your rating review, I would give them a 1/2!!

Posted by Stacey6 December 27, 2012
3.0

My mom fell and ended up in a hospital. She couldn't walk and she couldn't go back the way she was at the independent living facility because there's nobody to assist her. Rolling Fields was the only place available that had a bed open. It is a beautiful facility. There's an RN on the floor, all the CNAs are there. They're trained, they're skilled, they know what they're doing, they know how to react to my mom with dementia. They've really gone out of their way and they are very good with the interaction. You can have pets like dogs, birds, and there's a lot of cats around and my mom love cats. Everybody is really sweet and she gets the care that she needs. She needs therapy to get her walking again. So she's doing three different types of therapy.

However, it's not like other facility that will cater to her need and give her a diet that will be good for her. My mom has gout and she's got high uric acid. They figure since she's in there and she's due on her end of life, they give her anything she wants to eat. I went in to visit one day and they gave her a ham and cheese sandwich that she can't even eat because the ham is too thick and she has 50-year old dentures, and they don't cut food the way that our normal teeth do. They don't take care of your parents the way that you want them to take care of your parents. No one will take care of your parents the way you want them to. However, I love the people, they're great, and the care is great. But the way they go about handling my request as far as her food, I'd rate that as a negative rating. That's the only thing I don't like about the place.

Posted by BMarwood April 14, 2012

This nursing home is a great facility for residences. The nursing staff is very helpful and friendly. The average response time to request is at most two to three minutes even in peak times. My grandfather has issues wanted to eat and they have staff that will gladly feed him for the whole duration of a meal. All of the nurses that I have experience with are generally cheerful.The facility itself is a very pleasant environment. They have as described a large open area with rolling fields around the building. To one side they have a nicely taken care of pond with easily accessible viewing areas for those with moderate mobility. They also have court yard areas with nice paved paths and pavilion. Individual bird feeders visible from rooms are also allowed.The food at Rolling Fields is of very high quality. I have personally eaten at their dining room and many other families will opt to buy food and eat with their loved ones.In summary Rolling Fields is a nursing home that seems to care greatly for it's residences and is seemingly a pleasant place to live.

Posted by Aloquen January 28, 2012

A great uncle of mine stayed at Rolling Fields for the past four years prior to passing away last week. The facility was excellent: the various nurses and administrators always treated those staying there with the utmost respect and kindness during any visit I made. Rolling Fields also had the benefit of furry friends: dogs and cats served as faithful companions to my great uncle (he was an animal lover). Seeing him smile while spending time with Great Danes and calico cats always made me grin. I know that thinking about finding a nursing home for a friend or relative can be a stressful and negative experience. However, my experiences with this facility were excellent. I'd highly recommend Rolling Fields to anyone interested in a quality elder care home. Visit Rolling Fields and discover the same magic my uncle found: the magic of quality staff and fantastic furry friends. You won't be disappointed.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 395619

Health
3.0
Overall
2.0
Quality