Payment Options

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Maplewood Care Center

Posted by FindaBetterPlace September 16, 2012
1.0

*NO NO and NO!!!! Third Floor is horrendous! When I asked how long a light is typically left blinking when a resident needs help I was told five minutes. When I told them my mother's light had been on for fifteen I was told to go ask someone else to help. When I found a nurse who was doing paperwork to please help my mother she said "Hang on". WRONG ANSWER!!! And this is with the family standing there!!! What's going on when there is no advocate to beg someone to help? I was told they are understaffed. Then they should give back some of the money they are being payed to be adequately staffed!!! This place is horrible and an embarrassment to the community of Maplewood and the residents of this town who are spending there final days in this place. It breaks my heart to have to leave my mother here. Why is no agency overseeing the poor care that is happening here? Is it all about the mighty dollar and not the care that we give to our seniors? This place is is disgraceful!!!!

Posted by Alex TK July 05, 2012
3.0

Maplewood Care Center, located just off of Highway 36 in Maplewood Minnesota, is best summed up as being an "Ok" place. You could definitely find a nicer place in both amenities and quality of staff but when money is an issue I think this is one of better places to be in the Twin Cities metro area.The location of the facility makes it very easy to reach. When on the facility grounds it's hard to remember how close you are to the highway. There are many trees and walking paths around the facility. Once inside you can see the facility is pretty well maintained. The furnishings aren't luxurious by any means but I think it does the job of making private rooms and public spaces look more inviting instead of looking just like a hospital wing.Some of the times I've been there they have had group events. Bingo was always a big draw and a favorite of my grandmother. I know for the holidays they had some local school choirs in to give concerts. I also know they organize off campus events for those who are in the physical condition to get out for the day.The staff can be hit or miss. There were many great staff members who seemed to really care about the residents. There were also a few who only seemed to be there for their paycheck and weren't very helpful. A lot of the aides seemed to be very young without much experience.All in all it's an ok place and I would tentatively recommend it.

Posted by RhettBlink June 01, 2011
4.0

Friend or relative of resident

Maplewood Care Center was my mother's home for the last 4½ years of her life. We found the staff to be typically very caring, although we did have some issues with some of the nursing staff. We didn't always feel that the nurses were as attentive as they could be. Ironically, the lowest level employees aides, janitors and the like, were the best at providing support and comfort to our mom. The facility itself was certainly adequate, with spacious rooms and common areas. The activities staff worked very hard to keep Mom entertained, and she always said that the food was good.

Posted by Alzheimer's Speaks August 11, 2010

Exceptional Plus!

My Father lived at Maplewood Care for the last few months of his life and was treated by the staff with amazing love and compassion. Staff also treated us as family great! My Mother has now lived there since 2001, due to memory loss. She is now in her end stages of Alzheimer's disease and I can't imagine finding a better community for her. The staff have been incredible; befriending her over the years. Her experinece and ours as a family has been ideal. Kudos Maplewood Care! If you want to see one of my favorite stories on how Maplewood Care treats it's residents go to my blog www.AlzheimersspeaksBlog.com and search for the story "Spa Day" at the VOA.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 245276

Health
2.0
Overall
2.0
Quality