Top nearby Nursing Homes:

Reviews of Sayre Christian Village Nursing Home

Posted by ekl1991 September 11, 2012

The facility was clean and the residents seemed well cared for. The staff really seemed to care about its patients' progress and quality of care. My mother and family were treated courteously as visitors, and the staff seemed to be very knowledgeable about their jobs. Rooms were a decent size, and the surrounding area was fine. The building was in fair condition, but I've seen nicer. The facility really seems to focus on helping families feel involved in the care of their aging loved ones. It's also a Christian organization, so that is a huge benefit to people of faith looking for somewhere that shares their values to entrust with the care of their loved ones. I felt like the staff was carefully chosen in this regard, they all seemed to be exercising their faith through their work. All in all, I think Sayre is one of the better facilities in Lexington.cility was clean and the residents seemed well cared for. The staff really seemed to care about its patients' progress and quality of care.

Posted by Lillybeth June 29, 2012
4.0

Overall, this facility is very clean and the staff is usually very polite and nice. My grandmother, although her dementia is quite bad, can still remember many staff members who take particularly good care of her. She is kept relatively busy throughout the day with activities and exercise, but not so much as to wear her 98 year old body out. While there is always that familiar nursing home smell that is less than appealing, this facility does a pretty fair job of keeping all of the rooms clean and neat. The only thing that I question about the place is that it would be very easy for just anyone to walk in. There is a front desk, but it is not required to sign in or notify anyone of your presence. All I can think of is some crazy person walking in and wreaking havoc on the place, and it would be so easy. However, the staff seem attentive and knowledgeable about all procedures.

Posted by CaringGranddaughter April 24, 2012

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Sayre Christian Village Assisted Living facility! My grandparents recently moved in there, and the staff has been so wonderful in welcoming them and taking care of them. The staff members tried to get to know them and taken extra initiative in inviting them to participate in the various activities that they have. I had the pleasure of dining in the dining room with my grandfather for lunch one afternoon, and the food was delicious and the service was great. The servers knew my grandfather by name and had his food and drink preferences memorized! The facilities there are very well-kept and nicely decorated. The director of the facility has been great in communicating with my parents when any issues have arisen. For example, one day my grandfather missed the weekly van that takes residents to the grocery store. He was upset and distressed that he had missed the trip. The director calmed him down, called my mother to make her aware of the situation, and about fifteen minutes later called her back to tell her that she had arranged for him to go with a different group later that day! Every staff member I have met has been extremely sweet and goes above and beyond to provide quality services for my grandparents. It is a relief to have my grandparents living there. I know that they have wonderful care available to them around the clock.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 185248

Health
4.0
Overall
4.0
Quality