Reviews of Delmar Gardens of Lenexa

Delmar Gardens of Lenexa
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Tammy15 October 07, 2014
4.0

The nursing care and the staff at Delmar Gardens are exceptional. They keep it very clean, and they are very responsive. It is like a home, not just a nursing home or a care facility, but it is like an extension of our own personal home. I have been very, very pleased. This is the first time I ever had to put a parent into a facility this type and everybody immediately knew him, his situation, and what his needs were, and they were very caring and responsive to that. It has been a very pleasant, encouraging, and positive experience. I was very anxious about putting my dad into a facility, but he loved it, and they work very hard to be connected to the residents and to be very responsive to their needs. They just did a $2M renovation about two years ago, so the surroundings are very modern, bright, and cheery. The rooms are typical and very common, but they keep them clean. They are very simple, but you can bring your own personal items to make it homier. It is hard going from a whole home with a parent to a room that they have to share with another roommate, but I think they do a good job of it. The common places are just beautiful, very positive, up-to-date, and very clean.

Delmar Gardens of Lenexa
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by gjb May 03, 2012
3.0

We visited Delmar Gardens Retirement Center with my Mother. The facility is centrally located in Johnson County with easy access to Oak Park Mall, and a multitude of restaurants and shops. The home is not new, but it was in excellent condition. The apartments were substantial in size, with a full kitchen in each. The apartments we toured had large sliding doors/window in the living room with an adjacent deck. The living room was bright and airy due primarily to the large sliding doors. The rest of the apartment was average; it was adequate in room size and floor plan. The most promising feature was the availability of washer/dryer hookups in the unit. Residents are given the option of purchasing a stackable unit, or renting from the facility. The facility had a large indoor pool for the use of the residents. The facility is also adjacent to Delmar Gardens Nursing Home. The major back draw we observed was the lack of visible residents. This was the only facility we toured where there were no residents in the lobby, in the dining area, in game areas etc.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 175122

Health
1.0
Overall
1.0
Quality