Top nearby Nursing Homes:

Reviews of Wedgewood Healthcare Center

Posted by Sarah29 August 28, 2014
3.0

My friend is in rehab at Wedgewood. It is clean. The people are friendly. My friend doesn't like the food though. The room is OK, nothing special. It has two beds and a private bath. It is not terribly crowded, but it is nothing fancy. It is an older building. What I like best about this facility is the friendliness of the staff. It is very good. Sometimes when you go in other places, they hardly speak to you. In Wedgewood, they don't know me, but they all say, "how nice you look?" or "how pretty your hair is?" or just a big smile and "Hi".

Posted by Barbara29075550 April 12, 2014

I know a lot of people who have been at Wedgewood Healthcare Center. I had visited some of them there, and occasionally when I would go in, there might be an odor, but when I would come out it was gone, but when you are working with old people on diapers that is to be expected. The floors are clean. The rooms are a good size and very nice. For two beds, they had plenty of room to move around. The staff were also very nice. They have lots of food, and they have a chef who tries very hard to plan good meals. The lady at the desk is very good about where the person you are visiting is at.

Posted by amandahr3@hotmail.com January 21, 2012
4.0

When I visited this facility I was in a high school CNA program. The smell was not the best, it smelled like urine. The staff was not the nicest of people except for a few extraordinary individuals. I was able to witness a paraplegic with a bed sore as well as a man who has polo. I was taught how to bath the patient and give a patient a bed pan as well as lifting a patient in a Hoyer lift. One of the better days was when they had an activity day outside and I was able to make cotton candy for the people and serve popcorn. We had a dunk tank and a bean bag toss outside and the patients would receive prizes like stuff animals. I also was able to witness how they fed the patients in the cafeteria there. Everyone was able to sit at round tables as if it were a restaurant and they would socialize and eat their food, some with CNA's that would feed them. After they ate they would look at their meal ticket and write the percent of food that they ate. Everyone in the psychiatric unit was very friendly. That was my favorite place. Meal time was the same only everyone stayed inside that locked down unit. There was one particular patient that would always take off her socks. It was cute.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 106002

Health
1.0
Overall
2.0
Quality