Top nearby Nursing Homes:

About Highlands Lake Center

Highlands Lake Center is a nursing home in Lakeland, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Highlands Lake Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Reviews of Highlands Lake Center

Average Rating: 4.0 based on 1 Review

Highlands Lake Center
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by mgm921 December 04, 2012
4.0

The facility is clean and pleasant. The staff seem engaged. The facility has an active rehabilitation program. My mother was undergoing physical rehab following an extensive hospital stay. The facility encourages family participation in all aspects of care. I was able to take meals with my mother and observe the staff working with other patients during meal time. I was pleasantly surprised by the patience and genuine concern the staff had for the other residents. There were residents with various stages of mental impairment, confusion, and similar behaviors. The facility had a non-intrusive security system to prevent residents who were prone to wandering. I didn't see the use of restraints on any of the residents. Safety was a concern and the staff seemed to provide it with respect for the residents. The nursing director was readily available to answer any questions as well as the physical therapy staff. Overall I found the experience, as did my mother, to be rewarding. While we are both hopeful she will not have to return, we both agree if the need arises, we would choose this facility again.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 105620

Health
4.0
Overall
4.0
Quality