Top nearby Nursing Homes:

Highlands Lake Center
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Lizzi August 18, 2014
1.0

I am unhappy with the quality of care at this facility. Although I have encountered a few (very few) workers that are friendly and caring, the rest treated my family member with a high level of contemptible indifference. One gets the impression that some of these workers are only there to satisfy some type of mandatory work program and seem resentful of having to be there. The place is clean, and that is about the extent of my praise. I have been in the facility and pressed the call button for assistance, and it took nearly 45 minutes for a response, although during that time, we had workers hanging outside the door laughing and making fun of one poor patient that was having a bad night. It was disgusting to know that these people found humor in the suffering of their elderly and sick patients. I would advise any prospective clients of this place to perhaps speak with relatives of patients, if you see any. Perhaps we are the only one experiencing this low level of care, but I doubt it.

Highlands Lake Center
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by mgm921 December 04, 2012
4.0

The facility is clean and pleasant. The staff seem engaged. The facility has an active rehabilitation program. My mother was undergoing physical rehab following an extensive hospital stay. The facility encourages family participation in all aspects of care. I was able to take meals with my mother and observe the staff working with other patients during meal time. I was pleasantly surprised by the patience and genuine concern the staff had for the other residents. There were residents with various stages of mental impairment, confusion, and similar behaviors. The facility had a non-intrusive security system to prevent residents who were prone to wandering. I didn't see the use of restraints on any of the residents. Safety was a concern and the staff seemed to provide it with respect for the residents. The nursing director was readily available to answer any questions as well as the physical therapy staff. Overall I found the experience, as did my mother, to be rewarding. While we are both hopeful she will not have to return, we both agree if the need arises, we would choose this facility again.

Medicare Ratings