Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

About Cambria Care Center

Cambria Care Center is a nursing home in Ebensburg, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Cambria Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Reviews of Cambria Care Center

Average Rating: 2.0 based on 1 Review

Cambria Care Center
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by brownlag September 30, 2011
2.0

My dad is in a nursing home. We have had lots of problems ever since he got real sick. he has MS and we can't seem to find a nursing home that is even decent (with their care). How do you know if it's a good one or not? He's in the third one. I'm a nursing student so when I'm there I watch them very closely. They don't do anything they way I was taught. They are rough when they move him around. They don't give him water through his feeding tube. They don't change him when he uses the bathroom for very long periods of time. Today they told us he needs a blood transfusion but wouldn't tell my sister why. They just said the lab reports said he needed it which is not good enough for me. They said they have to wait until the hospital isn't so full to get it done.My grandfather was in a recovery/nursing home type of hospital and we often visited him and came in to find him gasping for air cause his air mask had fallen of or was unplugged, or the hose just slipped of. We often saved his life by getting there just in time. Obviously we couldn't be there 24/7 and I think that's what lead to his death. We got there he wasn't at his bed anymore and no one had told us or called us to tell us he had had a problem and they took him to the hospital via ambulance. I can't beleive I didn't just sleep there in his room with him he'd still be here. All the things I saw done wrong and I did nothing. Yes, they do treat them like crap, even with the family there. I'd say they do something wrong report it, and look for another or I don't know how bad he is, maybe you can get help to hire a private nurse.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 395828

Health
1.0
Overall
2.0
Quality