Top nearby Nursing Homes:

Reviews of Southpoint Terrace

Posted by Caring100700350 October 22, 2014

Mother is at Southpoint Terrace, and her care is going fine. The staff is wonderful; they’re doing their job. They have a lot of things in there for the whole month of different days. They play bingo, they do different kinds of crafts -- like she made a pumpkin -- and they have music and church services. It’s a very clean facility. They keep the floor shining and buffed. When they clean the rooms, they take all of the furniture out, clean the rooms, and put the furniture back in there. Her beautician would see how clean it is. She has a beautician that would do her hair for me. They have a beauty salon on site, but my mother is very particular; she won’t let them touch her hair -- no one but her old beautician who's been doing her hair for years. She has no complaints, and she loved the meals there. My sister told me how she enjoyed her dinner yesterday; she ate all her food, she got a good appetite, plus she has gained weight since she’s been there.

Posted by Ms. Wright August 19, 2014
2.0

DO NOT USE THIS FACILITY - If your relative needs to go here for short term rehab be advised that the "estimated time of discharge" will be the exact 20 days that the Medicare might cover. You will be told that the patient fell into a "plateau" state (meaning he/she will not get better) and because of that Medicare will not cover anymore. The food is HORRIBLE. The staff could be friendly buy they DO NOT help the patients if they cannot eat. I saw a poor lady just sitting there staring at her food, nobody came to help her and after a few minutes the nurse came to pick up the tray (she did not eat at all). The same day came to visit my mother and she was sitting on her wheelchair all wet (she peed on herself) and NOBODY came to change her. Plus, if you complain they get upset. Do not take any relative that you love here.

Posted by ocb8421 September 30, 2013
1.0

I would not recommend this facility. My father spent 6 weeks here in Aug-Sep, 2013. Although the Therapy team (PT, OT, ST) are excellent and the CNA's have great bedside manner, the quality of administration and overall medical care of this nursing facility are horrible. On several occasions the attending physician ordered vital tests and outside treatment which were not carried out by the nursing staff until AFTER the family complained. At least two such incidents involved performing tests to determine the cause and extent of potentially life-threatening conditions. We were forced to bypass the facility medical staff and have my father admitted to ER in a local hospital when Southpoint staff failed to follow through on doctor requests for additional testing when my father had been tested positive for internal bleeding....something he almost died from two weeks prior to being admitted to Southpoint Terrace...they were aware of this. Once admitted to ER we learned my father had a huge blood clot in his left leg that required surgery. Each time the nurses failed to perform tests/procedures requested by the physician the Assistant Director of Nursing made up excuses. On one occasion the attending physician ordered an examination by an orthopedic surgeon...two weeks later nothing had happened and we had to make arrangements on our own for the exam. The administrative staff is new and does not appear to have the proper skills and/or training for their important job thus putting patient care at risk. I interviewed several CNA's and nurses who said they planned to look for another employer due to the poor management of the medical treatments of the patients. Before choosing this facility ask to interview the nursing staff and their supervisor about their procedures and controls that ensure doctor-ordered treatments/tests are carried out. If you listen closely you'll find they don't have proper monitoring controls in place to ensure such things are carried out.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 106058

Health
2.0
Overall
2.0
Quality