Reviews of Carmel Hills Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

Posted by Sondra3 August 27, 2013
3.0

My relative was in Carmel Hills before; however, she would like to go back there. She likes their staff. They are good and very personable. I have no problems with them. They also offer physical therapy and have professional therapists working there. Overall, it is a good facility.

Posted by aklyon December 09, 2012
1.0

Drive in the opposite direction if you care at all about your loved ones. Carmel Hills is the definition of incompentence and cannot read their own writing. We had specific instructions for my father who has dementia amongst other health concerns including walking. He came to Carmel Hills from ICU at another hospital with multiple concerns and Carmel Hills completely failed at adequate care. My dad was literally found on the floor, then allowed to wait almost 24 hours, then sent to a hospital we specifically stated he could not be sent to, and had a borken hip. Almost 24 hours later, we had to have him transported to the correct hospital. All which is clearly noted in his records. Further, the medical care is equivilent to a McDonald's drive thru. Actually, there is better service at McDonalds. The doctor ordered nicotine cessation meds for my family member who does not use nicotine products. Last but not least.....all my loved ones clothes went missing. They just cant figure out where they went, Enough said?

Posted by Satisfied September 08, 2011
4.0

I have only had experience with the Alzeheimer's lock down area of Carmel Hills, but I found the staff to be outstanding. They are extremely caring of their patients and are really on top of their likes and dislikes. When there is an urine smell which happens with this type of patient, they are on it right away and have housekeeping or themselves clean it up. I am sorry that other people have had bad experences with Carmel Hills but I feel that my father is being taken care of with love and concern.

Posted by Unhappyhere May 03, 2011

Visited this facility

BEWARE!!! Worst nursing home ever! We have had a horrible experience here with our father residing at Carmel Hills. First of all when you walk in the facility you are hit with the strong smell of unrine and feces. If you show up at lunch time it's pitiful to see all the gomered out residents in their wheel chairs lined up outside their rooms with no staff interaction what so ever. The management didn't want to deal with my father's mental health needs...so they gave us a 30 day notice of eviction. They have a lock down area but said he wouldn't be happy there, though the truth we believe to be is that he would have been too costly for them compared to their medicare reimbursement. They could never get his medication to him on time which was very important to his parkinsons. We were very disappointed with the way the social worker would handle his care as well. Over all I would never put a loved one here. Unfortunately you don't realize how bad it is until you have moved in. They're smooth talkers to get you in.

Posted by bsure2frog March 14, 2011

Do not Use

I would NOT recommend this facility and I will NOT take any of my loved ones their again, My grandfather was only there for a week and it was the worst week of his and our lives. Improper medications and administration of medications, very little supervision and care, negative and hostile employees. Overall I am not sure how a place can stay in business by letting patients sit in urine and feces for several hours and refusing to help them to the restroom, not to mention the mistakes with the medication and just plain ignoring the patients needs. In the week we were their I did not see one smiling face from patients to employees. Please check it out before you use the facility.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 265727

Health
2.0
Overall
2.0
Quality