Payment Options

Medicare, Medicaid

Availability

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Gladys Spellman Spec. Hosp.

Gladys Spellman Spec. Hosp.
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by mariegold April 25, 2012
4.0

Although this is not the best facility that I have visited, I think it is a very impressive facility. It is a very large space which allows for many divisions within the facility. The staff seemed to be very well trained on how to work with the elderly, as well as medically trained. There was a comprehensive social work program that offers patients many diverse opportunities that appeal to all residents. For instance, there are games, crafts, nearby outings to parks, and movies that encourage residents to get involved and keep busy. The residents appeared to be content with the opportunities and their care. When they asked for help, the staff was very responsive to their needs. It is very good facility that I would love to work at because of their trained staff or for any one of my family members to live at if they need to enter such a facility.

Gladys Spellman Spec. Hosp.
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Juanita34 October 11, 2011

I visited Gladys Spellman Specialty Hospital and Nursing Center as a potential volunteer with Prince George's County Hospital Center. The nursing home is located on the same campus and is a short walk away from the Prince George's County hospital center. The nursing home administrator gave me a tour of the nursing home. I found the nursing home to be clean and quiet. One thing that stood out to me was the fact that the nursing home was using volunteers from the hospital to come in and spend time with the nursing home residents. I felt this gave the nursing home an advantage because they would never be short of volunteers. The administrator who showed me around the nursing home was enthusiastic and relayed to me that she wanted me to spend time with the residents doing things like reading to them, helping to decorate their rooms and just sitting with them. Ultimately I did not go on to volunteer at this facility due to a conflict in my schedule but my visit there gave me the impression that the nursing home staff really seemed to care about the quality of life of their residents.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 215061

Health
4.0
Overall
4.0
Quality
2.0

Location of Gladys Spellman Spec. Hosp.

Features of Gladys Spellman Spec. Hosp.

Get-listed-tab-hhcec9e5d7f5