Top nearby Nursing Homes:

Reviews of Huntersville Oaks

Huntersville Oaks
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Debbie33 July 30, 2013

Huntersville Oaks is where my mom went for a rehab after her hip surgery. The physical layout itself is a bit nicer than where my mom used to stay in. Visiting there was also much more convenient for us because we live in Huntersville. They have a very nice staff and I can't think of any time I have been there when I hadn't seen three or four staff members within the close range of mom. Frankly I would love to be able to transfer my mom there, but they don't have a lockdown facility. My mom's dementia has her wandering and she is constantly trying to find a way out, so it is a shame that they don't have a lockdown unit that mom needs. It is also quite expensive.

Huntersville Oaks
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by cdayton September 03, 2011
2.0

I visited this facility while helping a client who was seeking long term nursing home care.

The facility is very large, with probably close to 300 beds, and many shared rooms. When we entered, we were immediately addressed by a staff member but she did not make eye contact with us and never smiled. I felt as if she was not happy to be at her job that day, and my client stated the same to me.

The facility was not exactly dirty, but also not exactly clean. There was a musty smell in the air and the appearance that updates could be made to the facility in general. I will say that it seemed as if this facility was adequately staffed, as there were several nurses on the floor during our tour. Despite the number of staff however, I did see several residents sitting in wheelchairs, looking somewhat lost, and appearing as if they could use assistance or maybe just a little company. I did not see any staff members address these residents. Perhaps a planned activity or even some one on one time between staff and residents would be beneficial.

My client ultimately decided against choosing this facility and I was in agreement with her about that choice. I would not recommend this facility for long term care and would not place a loved one there if the need arose.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 345096

Health
3.0
Overall
4.0
Quality