Top nearby Nursing Homes:

Reviews of Medilodge of Howell

Posted by 57daughter November 25, 2013
2.0

I agree with most of the comments here; you have to let the staff know what is needed; even simple things like a clothing protector to be worn at each meal. It's disheartening to see a loved one with dried breakfast food all down the front of their clothing, still sitting at the table with the empty food tray 2 hours after a meal.....

Posted by Caring72959550 October 28, 2013
2.0

Medilodge was crowded and very short-staffed. In general the staff members were fine but they were handling between 10 to 15 patients each. You also have to tell them to do everything they need to do. They just need to hire more staff. They also have a bus service that can take you to places. It would only cost like a dollar, so it's not that expensive.

Posted by franklin2013 April 20, 2013
2.0

Under staffing is horrible. A wait for 30 to 45 min to GO TO THE TOILET is not unusual! The CNAs and rehab staff are caring but can not keep up. Do not be fooled the pool is FOR LOOKS ONLY. I heard two staff talking and no one ever uses it but it impresses family members. This facility makes alot of money they could provide a few extra people to take care of the infirmed. After seeing my friend wait up to an hour for food I hope no one else I love ever ends up there.

Posted by TMA1980 October 14, 2011
3.0

The facilities in the rehab portion of facility are great! but other areas of the building are aging and do need a facelift. The staff does work hard to keep the condition of carpets and other facilities in good condition, but I do believe the carpets need to be replaced possibly with wood floors through like in the Rehab portion. It is clear which group of patient's brings in the money for the company. The rehab center is in good condition and includes lots of work out equipment and a small indoor pool. The staff for the most part are very kind and caring toward patients, but it is clear that some of the units are under staffed, which makes it hard to provide fast service/care to the patients! It is not uncommon during busy time periods to have to wait 20+ minutes to have a call light answered by staff. In the defense of staff they do have many people to care for so it is hard to give one person undivided attention for very long. Overall, I would recommend Medilodge of Howell, if you need more care for a loved one, but you should visit frequently and let the staff know things your family likes/enjoys.

Posted by BaudDoodle July 15, 2011
3.0

My grandmother was placed in Medilodge after having hip surgery. Medilodge was a very clean and friendly enough facility. My grandma was 93 years old when this happened and she died shortly after this.

While she was at Medilodge I felt the doctors did not take proper care of her. She was being treated for her hip, but it was obvious that she was well beyond the entire hip problem at this point.

In the evenings the nursing staff was well understaffed, on most nights it would be common for two nursing assisstants and one head nurse to be on staff for roughly 30 guests.

Also for the price you pay to stay at Medilodge you would think 4 guests should not have to share one bathroom.

Over all it wasnt a terrible place but I fell it has its issues, like most facilities im sure. My grandma died two days after being released from Medilodge, i feel they should have treated her with end of life instead of a hip repair.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 235331

Health
3.0
Overall
4.0
Quality