Reviews of The Carlyle At Stonebridge Park

Posted by acaringdaughter45 July 15, 2014

My mother stayed at the Carlyle a few weeks ago. She was very happy with her stay and any concerns brought to the staff's attention was addressed immediately. I would not hesitate to recommend this facility to anyone looking for a place for their loved one.

Posted by Don't walk run June 14, 2014
1.0

Do Not put your loved one here! Pushing the nurse button does not call for help. The call is ignored or someone steps in turns it off and says someone else will be there to help, that person never shows up. Medicines are not given and when staff is asked they response is they have already been given meds ( I was there the entire time and was told they would be around but never came). At night the call button is taken away so it cant be used and disturb the staff. Patients are talked to very rudely when family members are not there. Sometimes I felt patients were over drugged for staff convience (noticed all the patients from same area droggy and had difficulty doing physical therapy next day, to much of a coinsidence they were all that way and feeling bad). The night staff turn the tv on in the cafe and talk very loud, it is louder at night than during the day. Most of the food is undesirable. We did not feel comfortable leaving our loved one their alone. I'm glad for those that a positive experience but it is not the norm if you talk with other patients and their family members. Please do be fooled by the beautiful facility.

Posted by Bjquat April 18, 2014

My father recently (April 2014) was sent to The Carlyle for rehab. He stayed 21 days and his experience was first class. The facilities are impeccable and the staff was very caring and nice. He never had one complaint about the food and, in his words, the desserts were "pure perfection." I am so surprised and saddened by some of the poor reviews. We have had very unfortunate experiences with other nursing homes in the area but the Carlyle exceeded all our expectations, took great care of my dad, and made us all feel very welcomed. I would highly recommend this facility for rehab. We did not stay in the long-term care so I have no opinion about that. The Carlyle definitely took care of us.

Posted by recentformerpatient February 20, 2014
1.0

While some nurses and aides were very nice and caring, the overall care there is downright scary. I complained for the first four days about my bandaging being too tight and my fingers were getting a darker color. It was not until the weekend nurse came in, they were loosened. My surgical stitches were never monitored while there. Most aides wiped back to front when assisting with the bathroom duties. One of the times I was bathed, my arms and legs were yanked causing great pain. During mealtime, nurses and aides worked the dining room, so if a patient was bedbound, it was very difficult to get immediate help since there was minimum staffing on floor. I was pushed out in the hallway and wheelchair parked for 30 mins and then someone finally came to push me to dining room. I then waited close to an hour to eat. I overheard two employees talking in the hallway and complaining that they were going to have to work overtime since a state inspection was coming up. (Why does the state let them know they’re coming --- just show up and NOT between business hours!) Call bells and door alarms went off frequently. Two aides chatted at their station ignoring several bells ringing. It was the worst in the evening. They had flimsy mattresses with a huge donut hole where one's derriere rests and my sleep was compromised between the discomfort from the mattress and the alarms going off and taking so long to reset. My family and friends were shocked to see the neglect to patients who do did not have someone to monitor their care. After I left there and was getting follow-up care, one of my doctors was concerned at all the drugs prescribed and he said it was very expensive medication and some unnecessary. My current therapist and nurse were not surprised at any of my feedback. I would NEVER recommend this facility. Whoever wrote the February 03, 2014 review must have had a very minimal stay.

Posted by lovingfriends February 03, 2014

We recently had a stay at the Carlye. The staff are nice and are willing to help. We searched the reviews and saw some negative but had a friend that gave us his own review. We decided to go with Carlyle and could not be happier. The Director took his time and met with us and discussed the facilty. We were happy to see the nurses work together and will send any of our friends to Carlyle if they need rehab.

Posted by Choose Wisley January 17, 2014
2.0

If a family member or friend have the time to be in the facility on a daily basis making sure your loved one is taken care of, then The Carlyle might work. I can say the physical therapists are wonderful and work very hard to make sure the patients get stronger. The facility is beautiful inside and out. The food is okay on certain days but for the most part, not very nutritional or good. If you have time to bring lunch and dinner in it is a good alternative to their food. Weekend food and staff is not good. You should be prepared to take dirty clothes home as you will probably not get them back if left to their laundry attendants. Two of the nurses are wonderful and very caring. There is very little and poor communication between staff and patients and family members. That is why it is best if you can have a family member in and out as much as possible. The social activities they advertise are pretty much non-existent. The techs are not properly trained and the care the provide is substandard. I would agree with some of the comments mentioned on here that their goal is the bottom line regarding their monetary income. That becomes very evident and is obvious. Most of the walkers and wheelchairs are broken so you have to keep complaining until you get one that works. If your loved one is here for physical therapy, they will get great people who care with great programs for them. The facility could improve in all other areas other than the physical therapy.

Posted by Adaughte January 05, 2014
1.0

Do not let your loved one stay here. My father was here for rehab, and he was not cared for at all. There were several times where he had urinated in his bed 3 days earlier and he had still not been given a shower. The staff is completely useless!

Posted by helpmeivefallenandicantgetup January 01, 2014
1.0

I don't know where to start...from medicines being given in the wrong dosage, to terrible nursing, to poor physical therapy - the list goes on and on. This is one of the worst facilities I have seen - however, it's a pretty place on the outside and inside. Don't let that fool you. The doctor on staff is poor, the DON is passive-aggressive, the social workers could care less about you or your loved one. There are a few good aides, but that's as far as it goes. Well...we all know the food is poor at these types of facilities, so I won't even complain about that. I'm talking about CARE OF THE PATIENT. There is none, or very little. Daily routine checks of the patient are poor - good luck getting a temperature taken if you are feeling ill. And when you question anyone on staff, they will always say they have done their job in an excellent manner. However, if you ask the patient, he or she will say, "No, that did not happen." "No, I did not get that." It's called lying to protect themselves. Then when the staff is called on the carpet, they get very defensive, and need to leave for an appointment or some other issue. They don't want to handle the problems they know they have at this facility. They just want their money from the insurance company, and when that's up, the patient is gone. Out the door. Doesn't matter if the patient is healed or ready - it's time to go! Bye, Bye Carlyle. Good luck to all the future patients.

Posted by janbomboy November 24, 2013
4.0

This is the second time my Father has stayed at the Carlyle in Southlake. We could not be happier with the care he has been given. Everyone is nice and attentive. It is a very hard decision to leave a loved one in the hands of strangers, but the staff has proven time and time again that they have my Father's best interest in mind at all times.

Posted by CoTOTK October 30, 2013
1.0

After spending hours upon hours per day for weeks with my loved one at the Carlyle, I would NOT recommend this facility to anyone. The staff continually stands around at the nurse's stations and joke around while ignoring the patient alarms ringing around them. I have seen nurses making fun of patients, rolling their eyes and making faces at patients and I even heard several CNAs standing around talking stating that they refused to go into a patient's room. Diapers are changed so infrequently that a change of clothes is needed with every diaper change. Before our initial complaint, my loved one was only changed (maybe) three times per day. After complaining, they started changing every 4 hours. That isn't much better. It is sad that we have to set an alarm to push the call button to have them come in to do their job. We had to push the call button well in advance of course, since they didn't come for 20-25 minutes before I would stand in the hallway to flag them down. There is an overall negative attitude toward the patients at the Carlyle that begins with ADMINISTRATION. Do not let them fool you when you visit. Spend time there before sending your loved one and see how the ADMIN and nursing staff really act toward the patients. The rehab therapy and occupational therapy staff are very caring and they are excellent. And there are a handful of nurses and CNAs who do care, but the majority has made this experience overwhelmingly negative.

Posted by caring children October 30, 2013
1.0

First...the rehab therapists are wonderful and do a great job. Most nurses and aids are good. But most charge nurses and social worker are terrible. My loved one can not communicate that they need to be changed and can not remember to push call button so would go hours without being taken care of and being so wet that urine was running down wheel chair and shoes totally wet. Not enough activity to keep them busy so they are bored and tried to leave. Door just a few feet from nurses station with alarm but because of this we have to have 24/7 sitter at our expense who totally takes care of the needs so Carlyle doesn't do anything. Then make it difficult for other facility employees to have access to get them transferred out. It is a beautiful clean facility and therapists are great! But You need to be there constantly looking after your loved one and fighting for them. It is a real frustrating challenge! I wouldn't do it again.

Posted by Ic0wgirl September 05, 2013
1.0

You would be better off leaving your loved one at home alone, especially on the weekends when there seems to be no staff available. I could go on and on about this place. They don't check on the patients for hours, but promise they are a highly skilled and take great care of the patients. The management staff is rude as well. They just want the money rolling in. They advertise a bistro which is water, juice, coffee, and sometimes cookies if you can find a plate or spoon. Their free hair salon can take 2 weeks to even get hair done. Did I mention they forget to feed the patients sometimes and give them food they are not supposed to eat? Do your home work before you leave your loved one here. Unless you just don't care about them.

Posted by BBeaubien September 04, 2013
1.0

I wouldn't put my worst enemy in this facility. When you put your loved one in a rehab center or nursing home, you feel a tremendous amount of guilt and the amenities at the Carlyle fool you into thinking you are paying for the "best" care for your relative. However, it is FARRRRRRR from the truth. Nursing care boils down to two things...nurses and aids. The aids were good but were stretched thin as they had too many patients to take care of at once. On more than one occasion, we had a nurse tell us that our relative had a received a very critical medication.....over a three day period as we saw his mental faculties deteriorating, we kept asking, "are you sure he is getting the medication"? and they assured us that he was...it turns out the medication wasn't even available in the building so it was a 100% lie. A different nurse, different medication...we spent nearly all day with my dad and asked why they hadn't given him his dosage and the nurse LIED and said she did. When we told the director of nursing that we were there and he was NOT given his medication, the nurse told her that she had given him extra in the a.m. and extra at night...even the director of nursing said it was a lie and even if it were true, it is not up to the nurse to change dosing. Tonight I have spent the last six hours BEGGING for pain medication for my father. He fell off the bed, on THEIR watch, twice in the last 24 hours and he is in pain and suffering greatly. They have given him a Tylenol. I have repeatedly asked them to call the doctor...they told me they paged him.....I asked them to page him again.....and NOTHING. I googled the doctors' number MYSELF and he called me back within 10 minutes. This place is HORRIFIC....never ever never ever never ever put someone here. I would be happy to discuss specifics because our complaints are not the only ones and no one does anything about them. I can tell you that there are a handful of superb, caring individuals here but if you can't get accurate information (try asking what your loved one got that day...they will show you what's been prescribed but they will never ever show you what they actually CONSUMED).....communication is horrible here too. We launder my dad's clothes and have had to post signs all over the room but to no avail..he's missing too many outfits to mention. They were putting diapers on him that were too tight....we discussed this over and over again but we kept finding him in too small briefs. If you want your loved one to be cared for, watched closely and given comfort when needed...do not, I repeat DO NOT send him to the Carlyle.

Posted by Caring060507192 July 25, 2013
3.0

The Carlyle at Stonebridge Park was a beautiful facility. However, their CNAs weren't good. They treated my wife really badly and bumped her around. They did more damage than good to her. They also didn't tell me what they were going to do next for my wife. They were talking in some foreign language and it made my wife feel like they were talking about her. She didn't like it all. We complained about that and they said that wouldn't happen again, but it did. It didn't stop. This facility was not organized too well. They need to improve on the qualifications of their CNAs as they were not trained good enough. Nevertheless, the therapy department though okay and their physical therapists were pretty good. They got my wife walking out in the hall with a walker.

Posted by caring daughter12 July 06, 2013
1.0

Very pretty facility on the outside. If i had known I would have never taken my mother to this facility. My mother wanted to go to bed and the CNA's came and tossed her like a sack of potatoes onto the bed. Food is not good. The staff is unresponsive and meetings with the management was nothing more than a check off of a list. So disappointed.

Posted by Clarence3 April 30, 2013
2.0

My mother is an 89-year old Alzheimer's patient who has little or no short term memory who's sitting in a wheelchair and occasionally trying to stand up. State says that people cannot be restrained to keep them on the chair and that's the law. I don't think that Carlyle actually threatened us about not getting a sitter or not. They had several people that they kept near the nursing station. I don't know if they ever required everyone to get a sitter. The way it looked to us was that it was a very convenient way to free up a staff to work with other patients and here we are basically paying double to keep my mother safe. I haven't really seen my mother having actual rehabilitation. I saw her involved in some of the exercise classes but that's about it. I wouldn't be recommending them.

Posted by badplacetobe July 13, 2012
1.0

There is no communication between the staff. Jennifer, billing will never answer or call you back. It takes at least an hour for someone to come into your room to help you, after you press the call button. You have lie on the floor and wait"¦.. The cafeteria is horrible; it takes them an hour to get you your food. It may be pretty on the outside, but not on the inside. Moved my love one out!!!

Posted by kitkat12 July 08, 2012
1.0

They did not do proper therapy with my mother. She was also given medicine that she is allergic to and it was noted on her chart. The nurse, doctor, or pharmacist did not catch it and she had to be taken to the hospital. They ackowledged they should of caught it but they did not report it to the state as they told me. I reported it to the state and it was investigated and they were found to be at fault and have issues with there protocol or giving medicine. Do not send anyone there!!!!!!

Posted by chellysue April 25, 2012
1.0

The facility of beautiful. That's all I can say that is nice about the facility. There is much confusion and bad communication between the staff. At the care plan meeting, I was told that I only had 15 minutes because they were on tight schedule. The meeting was very uninformative and they didn't answer any of my questions. MOST of the staff was very RUDE and disrepectful!!!! One nurse told my father that I wanted to have him committed. Why would a nurse tell such an aweful lie to my father who by the way just lost his wife of 48 years only two weeks earlier. It takes them 20 - 45 minutes to answer their call button. I woulod NEVER put my father or anyone in a facility with staff like this again!!!

Posted by Lildonnak March 10, 2012
3.0

This is a new facility- and nicely furnished. The food is another story the feed the people mostly starchy food. Most of it is pasty . If one has their teeth you could go on a great "diet". One could lose allot of weight because the food has little or no taste

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 676249

Health
4.0
Overall
4.0
Quality