Payment Options

Life Care Center of Banner Elk
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Darlene4 December 31, 2012
3.0

They took care of my mother there and everything but the it's more like a hospital type of thing. The staff was great. It's just that they have so much on their plate. They have their hands full. They have people there that are really really in a bad shape. My mom is still mobile. She has Alzheimer's but she's still mobile. She can have conversation still. They did take care of her there but it's just a different situation. It's just a dark and very gloomy place. She was afraid there. I feel like she is not a fit with Life Care.

Life Care Center of Banner Elk
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by APPWorks November 19, 2011
4.0

My grandfather has been in Life Care of Banner Elk for 3 years. He couldnt be happier. The staff treat him with total respect and are always there to provide him with any assistance he needs. The nurses are calm in serious situations and very helpful and knowledgable based of of my questions and experience. My grandfather is very happy but complains that there are a few nurses who dont really change his bed pan out as often as they should. I think that the staff should do more screening and require more qualification for employees to ensure a more insured wellbeing of residents like my grandfather. Other than this complaint, his linens and clothes are always fresh and he never seems to have any other problems. Overall, i would recommend Life Care of Banner Elk.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 345203

Health
3.0
Overall
4.0
Quality