Reviews of Heritage Manor-elgin

Heritage Manor-elgin
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Joanne32 September 26, 2014

I found my mom a really good place at Heritage Health. The grounds are nice. They have a little courtyard patio, and it's very clean. The nurses are very caring. They make sure everybody participates in their activities. My mom has shown great improvement since she has been there, and she has gained 10 lbs. now. When I first took her there, I didn’t know what was going to happen. I was scared, but now she is coming around and she is fine. I am very happy with the place. They do an excellent care with their laundry. They have some activities, like bingo, and they have church services. I went in there the other day and they were doing manicures for the ladies.

Heritage Manor-elgin
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Doris3 December 12, 2012
1.0

Make sure to not visit on a birthday to see the real way things are done there. We got sold because we saw a birthday. Patients are allowed to wander the halls and go into anyone's room. My mother's glasses were stolen by another patient. My mom was not able to sit up on her own and they left her sitting slumped over in her chair with her chin on her knees from when they put her in the tv room (and she could not see) until my sister and I got there in the early afternoon. They were not checking if she could swallow and I found her with food in her mouth that she could not swallow. She had an exception DNR-do not resuscitate if to do so would mean she was kept alive with machines. The administrators told us about doing this. Yet, when my mom passed they did not do anything to attempt to revive her-all they saw was the DNR. Now, some of the people there were wonderful-her physical therapist cried when she found out that my mom had died. Otherwise, I would never recommend this nursing home.

Medicare Ratings