Payment Options

Reviews of Stonehill Care Center

Stonehill Care Center
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Yogi Jim July 23, 2012

Stonehill Care Center is an excellent nursing home! It is clean and cheerful, as opposed to some other nursing facilities I have visited. The staff are pleasant and engaging towards visitors. When I went to visit a resident at Stonehill, there was quite a bit of new construction going on in the facility, but it was well-managed so as to not be distracting. The residents with whom I interacted seemed to feel as though they lived in a vibrant and caring atmosphere.When I went to Stonehill with my children in order to perform music for the residents' enjoyment, all of the staff and residents who turned out were a delight! They truly appreciated our presence there and even asked for an encore performance! When the music was all done, the children and I spent quite a while chatting with residents. We enjoyed them as much as they seemed to enjoy us. A friendly and nurturing community like Stonehill not only cares for senior citizens, but also provides a golden opportunity for younger generations to come in and learn from their years of life experience. I try to always teach my young children to respect their elders, and Stonehill allows me to bring my kids face to face with those same elders. When the day comes that I have to choose a nursing home for my parents--or be placed in one myself--I definitely hope that it will be someplace with standards as high as those at Stonehill Care Center.

Stonehill Care Center
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by lovegpa April 19, 2012
4.0

Staff seems very nice, very helpful. It is a laid back facility. I can visit pretty much whenever, join my grandpa for physical therapy. It does seem a little lax on some things. He only gets a shower twice a week. The hygiene isn't great. It's a catholic facility which is good for him. The other residents seem kind of crappy. not a lot of socialization which would be good for him. But otherwsie they take very good care. The food is ok. A lot of meat. But they serve you which is nice. Also theres a lot of wood tables and decent decor. It does not look institutional at all which is very nice. Very helpful psychologically.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 165471

Health
3.0
Overall
4.0
Quality