Reviews of C C Young Memorial Home

C C Young Memorial Home
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by happydays365 September 29, 2011
4.0

I visited CC Young memorial Home in order to complete service hours for my school. At first I was dubious because I had heard horror stories about how residents were treated in some nursing homes, but as soon as I arrived at CC Young my fears were put to rest. The facilities were beautiful and it looked liked a place that I would recommend to anybody with elderly parents. The staff was welcoming to all of us who came to play bingo and interact with the patients. The patients seemed satisfied and well cared for. It touched me that the home would organize opportunities for the residents to interact with the community outside of the home. The indoor facilities were immaculate and the general atmosphere was one of contentment. The staff joked around with the residents and generally brightened up whatever room they were in. Even when a resident would get irritated the staff was friendly and showed great patience. Overall it was a great home to visit and I would encourage any elderly person or relative to an elderly person looking for an assisted living facility to seriously consider CC Young Memorial Home.

C C Young Memorial Home
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by alicia taylor June 11, 2008

My loved one stayed here

My grandmother was resident at CC Young for over five years. The time she spent in the independent living section was quite nice and she enjoyed the comradity of the 'dorm style' setting. She spent a short time in assisted, also a positive experience and living quarters, before falling and moving in the nursing building--Young Building 1. On her final day of life, I found the nursing staff to be helpful during my daytime visit, but the night nurse I spoke with over the phone later in the evening to check on her deteriorating condition was unprofessional and rude and passed along incorrect information saying she was 'fine'. Hours later she was not 'fine' and transported to ICU at a nearby hospital. Although overall community is nice, the nursing staff could use a refresher course in courtesy. I have left a message for the Director of Nursing to see if this situation will be addressed for future residents and their families.

Medicare Ratings