Payment Options

Mountain Crest Nursing & Reh
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Caring85737750 July 20, 2014
2.0

Nancy is in Mountain Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation. She's been bedridden for over 6 months. It's a 26.8 mile drive from my house, and it's not a very good area. It's close to downtown Cincinnati. It's getting ready to change hands and have new management. It's kind of an old, run-down area. They get around to cleaning up the rooms every once in a while. The food they would bring her up was next to nothing. I will have to run at times when I get her something to eat or get her the yogurt with protein that she needed. I don't think they follow through on the place. I'll go in there and the hallways will be dirty. They'll have food trays laying on the dirty microwave in the lounge, and I'll have to move the dirty, smelly food tray off the top of the microwave in the sitting lounge that they use. There are times she says they would forget about her and come back later on in the evening when she needed medication. I don't think it's top-notch care like a person should have. I do feel a little bit more comfortable in her wound care because of Rick.

Mountain Crest Nursing & Reh
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by butterbean2 June 12, 2012
1.0

It is my belief that this has got to be one the worst facilities I have ever been too. The staff was unproffesional in mnay ways even referred to my mother as crazy old thing.They didn't seem to think she was worth their time as she was going to pass away anyhow she was not given proper care or dignity that she deserved. They managed to lose her dentures which only with our demanding it did they replace them. The director didn't seem to see why it was important with my mothers current situation. Well my mother needed to eat to live and as a matter of pride she should have her teeth.Either way they were resposible for losing them they needed to replace them. My mother was only at this facilty because no other in the Cincinnati area would accept patients with feeding tubes. She had the tube to help her get enough nutrition although she could still eat normally with help and encouragement.I never once saw anyone help her to eat I would arrive to find untouched food left for her to get to. I believe someone could have took the time to help and see that she ate instead of socializing or playing on their cell phones.On several occasions my mother was taken to local hospital for emergency treatment and I was not contacted due to the fact that they never corrected and incorrect phone number. I can not recall how many times I stood at the desk and gave them the correct phone number to put in records this is a very simple thing to correct. I still do not know where they came up with the wrong one they had. This facilty in my opinion should be closed it is just unbelievable to me that it is or was ever open. I wish that there is something I could have done that my mother never had to stay there but there was no alternative in her situation and when you are desperate to see that your loved ones are given every chance to live you do what is recommended to you and I really believe that this facilty in no way helped my mother to recover.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 365005

Health
1.0
Overall
2.0
Quality