Top nearby Nursing Homes:

Reviews of Peak Resources-Cherryville

Peak Resources-Cherryville
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Ken29 September 11, 2014

My mother is at Peak Resources. It was not so far from where I live, and the price was something that was not so terribly expensive. The staff is good. They have been very friendly, very helpful. She's currently in a private room, but she's on a waiting list to go into a semi-private when one becomes available. It's very adequate. It has a large bathroom that's easily accessible with a wheelchair and a shower that you can roll the wheelchair into.

It's one of the nicest that I saw when I was looking around. This is a new facility. I think it just opened less than a year ago. There are activities. They have a large calendar on the wall and each day it lists the activities, what times and where they are, and what they are. They have things like bingo or internal things, and then they have people who come from outside from the church community. They come in and sing or do some things at different times, on different days.

At first, she complained about the food, but I guess she has gotten more accustomed to it now, and she does like the food. I've eaten there a good many times, and I think the food is good. They have several different dining rooms and she goes to one of the smaller ones located in the assisted living area. If she wanted, she could go a little further into the larger dining room. They have a couple of rooms that would accommodate about 8 to 10 people so that if the family want to come in and eat with her, they can do that.

Peak Resources-Cherryville
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Cnfla July 23, 2012

I have been in various facilities with family members over the years and by far this has been the best experience that I have seen. The facility is small and a bit dated, however the quality of care superscedes any superficial blemishes. They are building a new facility and plan on transferring everyone there within a year or so. The assisted living area of the facility is on the first level and the long-term care is on the second level. Most tend to stay in their rooms for dining because the main dining hall is used by the long-term care patients. While the long-term care patients are in relatively close proximity, the facility has no odor. It does not smell of urine or has strong deodorizing smells. The food looks appetizing, again much better than what I've seen in many facilities. They also have a wide menu variety. If you do not wish to have what is on the menu, you have the option of getting something else. Lastly, the aides and nurses are fantastic. They care greatly for their patients and their well being. State health and safety codes are followed to a T. I would strongly recommend this facility to anyone in the area.

Medicare Ratings