Payment Options

Availability

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Caribou Rehab and Nursing Center

Posted by robnan2 February 21, 2013

I am the grandmother and retired nurse of two grandsons in the Caribou Rehab and Nursing Home. My grandsons are eighteen and fourteen years of age. Both boys weigh about one hundred and seventy pounds; they do not walk, and cannot feed themselves. Their vocabulary is around ten words spoken clearly, but do not think they are helpless. It may be a guessing game for a while but in the end the words click, heads nod, and grins are seen and everyone is happy. Three years ago my daughter and her husband made the heartbreaking decision to place them in their second home. I helped wheel their chairs into the nursing. I believe it was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. I would have given anything to trade places, but it wasn't in God's plan. My grandson's room is decorated with cars, posters, pictures and a 42" TV. The room is equipped with an overhead lift system for the safety of the boys and staff. Right from the start the staff was the key to help us accept and be at peace with this decision. They explained what, who, and when to us, not at us. Even though the door closed on one part of their lives, a new life opened to smiling and friendly faces. There are daily activities, bed checks every two hours and staff coming and going constantly. Even though three years have passed I can sit here and cry about things that are hard to accept and things that will never be. The only reason I can sleep at night is because I know the boys are in excellent care. I feel as if I haven't thanked the Administrator, Director of Nursing, and Staff enough. I would like to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt thanks to management and staff of the Caribou Rehab and Nursing Center. May God bless all of them. In the closing I would highly recommend this home and Rehab Center to anyone needing their services.

Posted by Beyond satisfied February 13, 2013

My grandmother spent weeks at this facility, not only did she love the help provided, I did. I would never recommend any other facility than caribou, ever. Plenty of staff that cares and treats them as if they were one of their own. It was a huge relief to know that my grandmother was in wonderful hands and ample staff at her disposal.

Posted by County Boy February 12, 2013

I am very familiar with this facility as I've had many friends either reside there for the final years of their life or be Rehab patient following surgery. The staff have been extremely attentive and rarely have I heard a negative word about the place from the people living there. I've noted they are rated as a 5 star facility by Medicare.gov/nhcompare. I've also read their inspection results posted in the corridor and they had no findings at last inspection, which I'm told is not an easy feat. The bulletin board near the cafeteria often has thenk you cards from families expressing their extreme satisfaction with the staff and the care received. The place is always very clean and smells nice, which others cannot say. I know they are the place I want to go to if ever the need arises.

Posted by fawnnorth October 12, 2012
2.0

Upon entering the facility it gave a nice warm inviting feeling. The facility looked very clean and well maintained. It was nice and bright and very colorful. The workers them self appeared to be overworked and possibly not enough staff. Some of the call bells seemed to be going off constantly and not the workers fault if they are overloaded and can't be right there to help the resident but this is also unfair to the resident. Sad to see this. I did experience a male nurses aid speaking rudely to a resident so I was not impressed with that at all! So my overall experience was that the owners are more into what their place looks like rather than their residents and workers needs are.

Posted by Totally Appalled August 28, 2012
1.0

My mother was a skilled patient at the Caribou Rehab and Nursing Center for over two months. After having a stroke, she could not speak and lost all movement on one side. She had family visit anywhere from two to four hours daily. The things we witnessed to our mother and other residents who did not have anyone to advocate for them were unacceptable and inhumane at times (toileting not being done as ordered/needed and resulting in skin breakdown, yeast infections under breasts due to not bathing and drying thoroughly, not swiping mouth after meals, no staff coming into a room to check on resident for up to 4 hours at time, leaving Attends and wipes with feces on them in the garbage for hours at times, not seeking medical attention when family insisted something was wrong, not bathing for 2 weeks, and so on and so on.

When concerns were reported to the charge nurses, they were dismissed. When concerns were reported to the Director of Nursing, they were dealt with but then our mother received worse treatment -- almost as if she was being punished for her family reporting incompetent, abusive staff.

I would never refer anyone to receive skilled or long-term care from Caribou Rehab and Nursing after the poor and abusive treatment that our mother received not to mention how emotionally draining. If you do have a family member or friend there, I highly recommend that you start visiting and keep a very close eye on everything that goes on in there. There are several people in administrative positions supervising family members and charge nurses who go out with their subordinates in their free time. This seems to have played a role in people not being disciplined when they should be. We have reported them to the State and requested an investigation with licensing and regulations.

Medicare Ratings