Payment Options

Availability

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Universal Health Care / Brunswick

Posted by happycustomer123 March 21, 2014

Excellent facility! The nurses are great. Would recommend this place highly!

Posted by star0405 September 25, 2013

My grandfather was placed in this facility as he needed around the clock nursing care due to a diagnosis of cancer. We knew when he was placed that he did not have long to live. Although he was only at the facility for 4 days, the staff was outstanding! They promptly responded to his needs, as well as the need of his wife and daughters. They made every effort to keep him comfortable, and constantly offered to assist the family in any way that they could. They prayed with my family and showed great empathy when he passed. I would recommend this facility to anyone in need of compassionate and loving assistance.

Posted by Caringfamily12 September 17, 2013

the facility is clean and pleasant. Staff is friendly and caring. Any needs were handled quickly and efficiently. I was very pleased with the level of care.

Posted by mimibowling August 20, 2013
1.0

the place is clean ...b/c its new ....the nurses are nice ...no problem with them ..... the office people are hateful.... mr rogers more so than the others ...

Posted by LovingIt September 20, 2012

My mother was recently in this facility. She was at brunswick hospital because she was not able to stay wake. After 10 days in the hospital and still no answers from the doctors she was moved to this facility for rehab. My mother was given outstanding care. She has some memory impairment and blood sugar issues. The nurse at universal were on top of their game, they took care of her so well. During her stay at this facility my mother was not in need of anything. She rang her call bell and it was answered. she needed assistance she got it, she had questions about her medication or treatments and she got answers. If, lord fobid my mother has to be placed in a facility again, she will go back to universal health care of brunswick.

Posted by thishomesucks September 05, 2012
1.0

I came to visit my grandfather at this facility. He was on contact isolation which required gowns, gloves and mask. On my first visit his floor nurse stated we didnt have to take any precautions it was ok to enter the room without gowns, gloves, or mask. On that same day we I arrived I found my grandfather at a side chair with his bell ringing and he was yelling someone please help me to the toliet. No one showed up for 20 mins and then when they did, they had to get the universal precautions because the previous shift had not re stocked the universal precaution station out side his room. On the following day I arrived and the scent of poo was the first smell when you entered the building. The smell was coming from my grandfathers room. We I got to his room, yet again his bell was ringing and he had a pooy diaper on. Yet again we had to chase someone down to get him cleaned up. My aunt (who had POA) told us that my grandfather had a contagious bowel disease which is caught in nursing homes. So I googled the information, and it is required for the room to be sanitized with bleach to kill the bacteria. Activia is recommended to get good bacteria in his bowels. It can dehydrate you. So the next day the troops showed up to sanitize my grandfathers room. We wiped everything down with clorex wipes, stripped the bedding and sanitized the bed, wheelchair, and the charge nursing got upset. She got the head house keeping supervisor down to his room and had the staff disinfect my grandfathers room. Not to mention I request the floor be mopped, it was sticky and there was a brown spot on the floor. On the same day we showed up to sanitize the room the floor still hadnt been mopped. The housekeeping staff stated the floor needed stripped and rewaxed. They stated they would strip the floor and rewax it on Monday. We on Monday my aunt showed up to find my grandfather covered in poo from head to toe. His bed sheet werecovered in poo. His urine bag had leaked all over the floor under the bed. It took 30 mins for anyone to show up and get my grandfather cleaned up. The CNA who had been helping us, was told not to go and clean up my grandfather until she worked her way to his room. Do not make a special trip to his room. For a 90 bed facility on Tuesday there was only 3 CNA working. Oh, and they tried to give my grandfathers dinner away on the second day. If we hadnt been there he would not have ate. This facility needs to be closed!

Posted by b/w June 07, 2012
1.0

my mother in law was at this nuring home for 2 years the last 6 month it was alful she was band on a leg like she was in prison because she wanted to go out side i was told they did not have time and was short staffed to take care of taking them out side her toenail had grown so long they were under her foot and she was walking on them we are still trying to straighten the ingrown toe nail this caused she is 93 years old and did not deserve this to happen to her we have moved her to leland house in leland and she and us could not be happier i hope all the family please keep a close eye one your love one that are there

Posted by Happytobehere May 22, 2012

Universal Healthcare is an excellent facility. My mother was there for recovery from her hip surgery and we could not hae asked for a better experience. The administration was excellent and the nursing care superior !

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 345549

Health
2.0
Overall
3.0
Quality