Reviews of Aristocrat Berea Nursing Home

Posted by NORTHWESTERNVIEWS December 21, 2013
3.0

I am a resident who has multiple sclerosis. This is suppose to be for those WITH MS. The MS SOCIETY COMES TO PRESENT PROGRAMS. I have found this place to be inconsistent with their care as well as the dietary department. Many personal items come up missing

Posted by Deb K. December 08, 2011
4.0

Aristocrat Berea is one of the few places in my area that take ventilator dependent patients. Unfortunately, Mom fell into that category. The building is old, it used to be a hospital. It was generally clean and smell-free. There are nice amenities such as a common room for activities, a beauty parlor and even a mini-store available to the residents. Even the ventilator dependent residents could use these facilities, as they had portable vents and the staff could take the patient down if they were well enough. My mom was, and she enjoyed those trips very much. The staff were for the most part pleasant and knowledgeable. They responded to requests in a reasonable amount of time. The respiratory staff were competent and helpful. Sometimes it seemed as they could have used an extra staff person or two on busy days, but cut-backs in health care are always present. The few complaints me or my mother had with a staff member were handled quickly and personally by management. Also, room issues such as getting her tv hooked up and getting her internet access were handled quickly as well. She never had any issues with being treated poorly, and her skin never broke down on the year she was there. The staff did a good job with turning her as needed, and keeping her clean. No place is perfect, but overall, Aristocrat Berea does well even with healthcare budget cuts across the nation.

Posted by Tam4498 October 14, 2011

My Grandmother stayed at Aristocrat of Berea. During her stay, she was comfortable and well taken care of by the excellent nursing staff. The aides and nurses always answered her call light promptly. When they provided care, they were thoughtful and careful to respect her dignity and privacy, as task that can be difficult in such times. I appreciated that they did always called her by "Mrs..." rather than her first name. I feel that at 85 years old she has earned that respect. The nursing staff was good with our family too. They were helpful and kept us informed. The food at the facility was pretty good. Aristocrat did have a nice lounge area and we even had the opportunity to have a picnic out on the back patio. Overall the facility was pretty clean. My grandmother's room was always spotless. I did hear that maybe the whirlpool wasn't always the cleanest, but I did not see that myself. Located just south of Cleveland, Aristocrat of Berea is right off of I-71, making it a very convenient for family and friends to visit. Overall This is a very nice facility with good accommodations and a superior staff.

Medicare Ratings