Top nearby Nursing Homes:

Reviews of West County Care Center

Posted by Cynthia28 August 27, 2014
4.0

We chose West County Care for my friend because her needs were 24-hour care and the cost was comparable. The staff is very helpful. It seems that each staffer has taken the time to get to know her. The rooms are a little bit small. We would have preferred them to be bigger. We have seen some of the food and it looks pretty good. The building is older but the care staff is much better, more hands-on. The nursing staff is much more involved and proactive in my friend's care. Activities include bingo, cooking class and music to name a few. It is different every week. If you go into nursing homes, they tend to crowd their residents into a certain area and they all sit around; however, in this environment, they let the residents choose where they want to be -- whether it is in their room or out in the open. They kind of give them more freedom to be where they want to be, which I like. It is more patient-centered as far as the environment goes. My friend's care has enabled her to be in a more stable environment, so her behavioral issues have been drawn down to the very minimum. In other words, she is getting her medications on time and she is eating properly. These things have all helped her definitely, so her condition has probably improved. I would recommend this facility to others.

Posted by Jamie S1 November 21, 2012

We had to find a place for my aunt who was getting dementia. Visited a lot of high end places, settled on this facility located in a small neighborhood. BEST choice ever. Great Caring staff and wonderful activities. Very pleased all around. Best of all it was not the most expensive but was much nicer.

Posted by lvd1 February 17, 2012
3.0

The location and grounds of the facility were nice, residential area and well maintained. The staff are nice, kind and well trained, althogh they can be slow to respond after 'bed time' and for many English is not a first language. It can be hard to be understood or relate needs when they do not understand or speak with a heavy accent.Daily activities are well planned and heavily attended and we loved the selection on the Jukebox in the main dining room. The noon meal was served quickly but it seemed like there was a rush from the staff to get it over with quickly. Over all its a nice facility that seems to try hard to over come most cliche's that besot a mojority of care centers, I'm glad my friend lives here.

Posted by Billie G April 18, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

I found the staff to be excellent. They cared for my aunt until she could go home. GREAT therapy dept. I just think you need to visit many places. We are glad we didn't pay attention to all the commercials some places run. This place proved to be first class.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 265352

Health
2.0
Overall
3.0
Quality