Payment Options

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Signature Healthcare of Buckhead

Posted by airiele October 05, 2014
1.0

This is my fathers second time at this location after having surgery. The first time was pretty good. The only complaints were the fact that it took some of the nurses forever to come to the room after being called. Also it took about two weeks for me to get a cot for his room so I would be able to sleep comfortably. The food wasn't great but it was good enough. This second time here on the other hand is terrible so far and its only the first day. First I was told my father hadn't arrived although the van that dropped him off was pulling off. The lady at the desk told me he hadn't even been picked up. It was soon verified that he had been dropped off and I was able to go see him. A nice lady name Tina, I believe, was quite helpful when getting us settled in the room until his Nurse and CNA arrived. It took about three hours before someone came in the room to check on him. Vitals weren't taken nor did he receive any form of medication. His vitals weren't taken until around 8 that evening. My father is a diabetic and hadn't received an insulin shot nor any medication since about 9 that morning at the hospital. We were told that the pharmacy had not filled the prescription. Apparently the prescription had not been filled until about 10pm that same night. Is that normal? For that to happen to a patient who just had surgery and/or who is a diabetic? The nurse seemed not to care at all. She was quite rude and quite condescending. I had to go get my fathers medicine from home so he would have something to take. It makes no sense that this had happened. We kept receiving the run around about everything. My father had enjoyed his stay there last year and had begun to recommend it to everyone. Never again.

Posted by GlendaE February 12, 2014
1.0

I am not at all satisfied with the care my loved one received at this facility. Staff were not available to assist in getting this handicapped person out of bed & to the bathroom. Nor did they timely respond to calls for assistance. My friend was admitted with multiple conditions that cause diarrhea and was left laying in her soiled bed on multiple occasions, once for 2 hours. Friends were having to buy pads for the bed and bring them to the facility because staff claimed they had run out. Hard to believe. My perception is that they are understaffed and that the nursing and CNAs they have have the bad attitudes that come with that staffing level.

Even more troubling, my friend went without the prescribed antibiotic for a hard to get rid of infection for two days, told that it was not in the pharmacy. Plus, while she was there for rehab, she went two days with no OT or PT.

Posted by Rosemary W October 25, 2013
4.0

Mom used to be at Signature HealthCare and the staff was good. Her room was very spacious. She had a sitting area and a wood bed with railings. The food was also good and they had a couple of outings.

Posted by mbr1956 September 26, 2013
1.0

My mother was there for rehab after surgery. The looks are deceiving. The Physical Therapy services were great. The nursing staff is horrible and uncaring and may seem to be untrained. There were no meaningful activities for residents and the staff was largely unattentive. Call bells are not answered most times because the staff doesn't want to be bothered. I would never take my mom there again and would not recommend it to anyone for any reason other than out patient physical therapy. Check other sites for similar reviews. Do not bring anyone you care about to this place

Posted by villagefan February 23, 2012
2.0

My introduction to this facility came when my husband needed a facility for rehab after an extended hospital stay. A representative actually walked into his hospital room to introduce the facility to me. I told her I was not interested in her sales pitch. Nevertheless, she continued to tell me about the facility. Because it was only three blocks away, I accompanied her for a tour. From the outside the facility looked like a small office building. Interior decoration was pleasant with subdued colors, but I was struck by the extremely low ceilings.All of the staff were neatly dressed and pleasant. But the common areas did not seem welcoming. Patient rooms were small. Hall were narrow.Dining facilities seemed crowded. I was introduced to the therapists and shown the workout space. The sales rep showed me a small outdoor "garden" that was being developed. She told me about the regular"Wine and Cheese" event to which families were invited. I was assured I was not restricted to short visiting hours. Still, there had been nothing that said I was looking at a place where I wanted my husband to spend however long was required. I saw only mediocrity. I also called the director the next day to tell her I did not appreciate the intrusive salesperson.

Posted by weitz4 November 23, 2011
4.0

This is a very warm and caring facility. Great rehab, clean surroundings

Posted by wmb59 November 17, 2011
2.0

My first visit to this facility was far less impressive than I expected. Several staff members (at least 4)were standing at the reception desk engaged in what sounded like personal conversation and not one acknowledged my presence. I waited a few moments for their conversation to stop however I ended up interrupting in order to find out where to go to speak to someone about registering my father who had been admitted earlier in that day. It has now been a week and I still am not impressed. Thus far I have found the staff is inattentive, many demonstrating lack professionalism, inadequate communication among staff and patient, and no hot water in the resident room. I am hoping this is an off week at the facility, but I do not think I would recommend at this point.

Posted by Carol M.1 August 31, 2011
3.0

While visiting this facility, I would have to say that I did not notice any activities going on with any of the residents here. I did not see any patients on the floor unless they were in wheelchairs by the nursing station. I would say that the facility was nice and clean, and the nursing staff were pleasant when spoken to. In my opinion, I just did not see anything that made this place feel like a place to call a home for a family member.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 115110

Health
2.0
Overall
3.0
Quality