Reviews of Victoria Gardens of Allen

Posted by ptinnin May 17, 2014
1.0

My mother received terrible care. No communication between staff members. Front office and director do NOT care about patients. No truthful information on daily records. Always said that she ate and received meds on time and that was NOT true. We were there!

Posted by dsummer June 16, 2012
4.0

Overall, I enjoyed Victoria Gardens Nursing Home. Stated previously, I had volunteered there for about a year for a beginners nursing class. We would go about three times a week and stay for about three hours. When we were there, we got to tour the facility, become familiar with the staff and patients, and even perform certain tasks for nurses and doctors. The staff there are friendly and courteous. The facility itself is very quiet and looks cozy. Ive been out of high school for about 6 years now, and looking back I could say its one of the better nursing homes ive visited. My mother now volunteers there every tuesday, and she's grown quite fond of three women that she makes and buys little gifts for, ranging from their late 70's to a woman who is 94. I have been back recently to meet and visit with these women, and they seemed happy and in good health.

Posted by kkssrrll February 28, 2012
4.0

The front desk was extremely rude and did not communicate well with my grandmother and visitors. Their was no smile at the greeting. Other than that all the nurses and assistants, all the kitchen help, everyone else was absolutely fantastic. Welcoming, patient, and extremely generous. The building was very dull, but my grand mother adored the birds at the front room. The outdoors were kept up extremely well. I was surprised by the food quality, my grand mother loved every thing they served. As did I. Over all I found this to be a perfect living situation for my grand mother and I would not hesisate to allow her to stay there as long as she needs. I feel she is very well taken care of, and she truly enjoys her stay.

Image.jpg
Posted by Daddy'sGirl7 June 13, 2011
4.0

Friend or relative of resident

My mother-in-law spent her last few months of life at Victoria Gardens. We selected that facility because it seemed cheerful, clean, and a good nurse to resident ratio. My mother-in-law was bedridden but seemed to have lots of residents and workers come in and visit with her. She had been ill for many years so when my husband and I had an opportunity to go on a once in a lifetime vacation we were assured that everything would be fine and we should go. We left detailed instructions with the facility and with our son in case my mother-in-law should pass on while we were gone. She apparently had a stroke one night. The facility called my son and daughter-in-law who came over and stayed with her until she died. The facility did everything possible to help my son and daughter-in-law handle things until we could get back. They were very respectful and went above and beyond.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 675882

Health
4.0
Overall
4.0
Quality