Reviews of The Belmont At Twin Creeks

Posted by Disappointed in my profession August 23, 2014
1.0

Do not be fooled by the "looks"!!!very beautiful but looks DO NOT mean good nursing care! Call lights can stay on for 30 +min without being answered. Try calling the floor nurses cell phone and you get"this number has not set up a mail box!" The great therapies cannot make up for the insensitive nursing personnel . I have been in the nursing profession for over 45 years,this is not how it's to be done.

Posted by DUBLD August 05, 2014
2.0

Very nice looking but don’t judge a book by its cover. My 93yr old family member was here for rehab. Like many skilled nursing facilities, the care is lacking. Staff is bottom of the barrel. One area of the facility smelled like pee and or poop every time I was there. Some of the staff would tell me anything so I would leave them alone. When you press the call button someone would come but then tell you they had to finish something and would be right back and this would sometimes take 30-45 minutes. My family member was on a puree diet so not sure about the food. Never was contacted by a Dr. They had my family member wearing the thinnest diapers I have seen. After a couple of hours the diaper would leak onto the bed. When he first got in there they were changing his bedding 2/day. I asked for a barrier pad and the nurse said they don't have any which was BS since my private caretaker scrounged around and found some. No bed alarms either which is a bad situation considering the substandard level of care here. Within a week my family member caught a virus there and ended up back in the hospital. If you have had to deal with these facilities then you know that none are perfect and the entire industry is overrun with poor caretakers. Regardless, most want the best for their family. Don't be fooled by pretty places. Walk in these places unescorted and look around. As rude as it sounds, look into as many rooms as possible. Talk to some of the residents and their families if possible.

Posted by sataylor3042 November 23, 2013
1.0

Please do not put anyone you care about in this facility. There are a few of the nursing staff that are god and nice but most of the administration is not. My sister went there for rehab for a badly broken humerus and was supposed to be there for several weeks in therapy and then possibly staying there long term. They basically threw her out before two weeks was up with only the excuse of it wasn't a good fit. We were called less than 72 hours from the time they were dismissing her and told us to find another place. The building are very misleading because they are beautifully furnished and kept up. Unfortunately the rest of the service is terrible.

Posted by Tony13 June 26, 2013

Wife has been in The Belmonth at Twin Creeks for two days now. It has been great so far. The staff was nice. All her needs at this point had been taken care of in a timely manner.

Posted by stark7 March 29, 2013

When our mom first came to the Belmont she was comatose from a massive stroke that had left her unable to talk, walk, move and even swallow. With much time and attention from the Belmont's nursing staff and therapy department, mom slowly began to recover. First, the therapy department taught her how to move different parts of her body. In time, mom began to sit, stand and even walk. The woman who could not utter a sound was able to understand and respond. She soon was able to form words. Before long, she was once again able to have complete conversations. Thoughts that took forty five minutes for her to finish, now came out in normal conversation. We could not have done this on our own. Our mom came to the Belmont as a vegetable-but literally walked out on her own power. Mom has been able to regain much of her self sufficiency and dignity thanks to the time and attention from an incredibly gifted and professional staff. Thank you, to each and every caring staff person who nurtured, cared and literally loved my mom from death to life. What a gift you gave our family. You all - are priceless. With deep regard and much Respect, Rev. Stephen D. Stark

Posted by rosie64 March 13, 2013

I had a friend who went to the Belmont for her hip. This place was great. Great care and caring staff. Therapy got my friend strong and mobile. What was great is that she saw the same therapist every day. She loved the food too.

Posted by master_str March 12, 2013

I had a friend who did their therapy here and during my visits I was happy to see such personable and caring staff that surrounded her. everywhere you walked someone always greeted you. She had a knee replacement and she said that her therapist was great. The motivated her to get to her goals. We are very thankful to The Belmont.

Posted by txstar March 07, 2013

My mom was recently in Belmont after having her knee fixed Her care was great staff attentive and therapy was amazing. she is walking without pain and able to get around without any problems. Our family really appreciates all she received while a patient there.

Posted by helpmymoms December 01, 2012
1.0

The workers here at this facility neglected, ignored and were unprofessional in taking care of my mother. They did not take care of her. They did not give her towels, medicines on time, food warm or help her to get out of bed or to shower. This place does not care for people. Don't go there!!!

Posted by Lauren5 August 28, 2012
2.0

The building was very nice but the employees did not seem to take their job responsibly. The fact that the people staying here were relying on these workers to take care of them did not seem to matter. My mother was very ill and needed help getting proper nutritional and rehabilitative needs. Her mental state was also failing which no one seemed to take any real action to help. She stayed over night once and the next night she began acting crazy because at the time she was coming off of the drug Lyrica and they failed to recognize any of the symptoms she was displaying. She had no idea what was going on and was hallucinating and the workers did nothing to calm her down. We ended up having to pull her out of their care and bring her home because of their inability to do anything to help her. The workers seemed nice enough but did not seem actually qualified to be taking care of ill people.

Posted by IGotLucky February 02, 2012
1.0

My mom stayed at this facility for a week for rehab. She has been to several other facilities in the area over the past 10 years. This is one of the worst one we have been to. The place looks nice, but don't be fooled by it. The staff is very incompetent and will not take care of their patients. There were cases that my mom would have to wait for almost an hour to get any attention after riniging the bell for help. in another case we had to wait for almost 5 hours to get someone to give my mom sponge bath after we asked for it. They asked us to be there to help them with this, but the nurse kept disappering and would come back and say it would be another 15 minutes, and then she would be gone for 2 hours again.

Posted by stillalice July 31, 2011
4.0

My mother stayed here late last summer and into the Fall. The facility is beautiful and most of the staff were professional and personable. A few could have used some tips from their co-workers. Overall, it was a good experience for both me and my mother. I would recommend it to others, especially after reading some reviews about other facilities in the area.

Medicare Ratings