Payment Options

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Azalea Woods Nursing Home

Posted by TypC4mpy July 18, 2011
3.0

This facility provides activities for the residents like bingo, movies and other activities. Some rooms are single occupancy and some are double depending on the requirement of the family. In terms of cleanliness this is not the best place to let your family member be taken care of because you are welcome with an unpleasant smell as soon as you enter their facility so it is not welcoming at all. Even in the rooms of those with dementia you can have that unpleasant smell and the resident are not turn as often as they should so they can check if they need to be changed. The comfort rooms for visiting members of their residents are not also well maintained. The staff members seems alright but the place itself is not big and the residents are all scattered in the hall when you walk in. Maybe it will be more appealing if they have a nice living area as soon as you walk in.

Posted by Janice McCaw March 10, 2009

My loved one stayed here

Terrible! Terrible! Terrible! My sisters, brother, niece and I thought we were helping my mother. Little did we know! Most of the caregivers didn't care about the patients. The higher-ups certainly didn't care. We voiced our complaints but they went on deaf ears. Mama was totally in her right mind so she knew what was going on. They left her in diapers for 24 hours without changing them. They let her fall. They left her on the bedpan way too long. She told me all kinds of things every time I went to see her. She only last six months from when we put her in there. We all feel so guilty but at the time, we thought we were doing right. My advice to someone looking for nursing home care ... DON'T! Especially at Azalea Woods.

Posted by Deb Enfinger March 04, 2009

My loved one stayed here

Below is my complaint to an article posted in the <em>Aiken Standard Newspaper</em> and also this was my complaint to the <em>S.C. Nursing Home Law Association</em> posted by a law firm. With all the complaints that I read from that website, it seems that most, if not all nursing homes in the U.S. are the same. There are so many complaints of horrific abuse to the elderly, that if someone doesn't do something, our loved ones are subject to a horrible end of life experience.<br /><br /> It doesn't surprise me at all that Azalea Woods scored one out of five stars. That's probably one of the worse nursing homes in Aiken. (Probably the oldest and unkept) My Grandmother, unfortunately had to be placed there and if it wasn't one bad thing happening, it was another. After being placed on the bedside potty, she was forced to sit on it for 1 1/2 hours before someone decided to check on her. She could not get herself up. Mine and my family's complaints to the Head of Nursing went to deaf ears many many times. Our concerns did not seem to matter. On her last day, my Grandmother's chest pain complaints were ignored after she repeatedly told the nurses. They happen to walk in and she was dead. They called an ambulance, but it was too late. The nurses themselves told me they did not know how long she had been dead. I would die in my own bed before being placed in that nursing home. It is in such dis-repair. It's looks good from the outside, but the inside needs to be totally remodeled. Their beds are very old, some don't work correctly, and the bathrooms are old and disgusting. Beyond cleaning. I have never seen such a stinking place and horrific care before. It is a very depressing place for the old to have to go live out their golden years. Azalea Woods needs to be shut down.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 425014

Health
1.0
Overall
2.0
Quality