Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Olympic Alzheimer's Residence

Olympic Alzheimer's Residence is an assisted living community that embraces those with dementia. Our community specializes in dementia care and activities. Our life enriching activities are resident specific to touch on the important aspects of the persons life to create moments of joy.

We believe a resident’s well being is directly related to how they feel and interact with the world around them. We have designed a program that makes our residents feel accepted, important, comfortable…at home. Our goal is to become an extended family; creating a buffer against fear and the stress of the illness.

Our onsite chapel gives you a place to practice your spirituality regardless of your denomination of faith.

Reviews of Olympic Alzheimer's Residence

Posted by Janu14 January 18, 2014
4.0

My family member lived at Olympic Alzheimer's Residence for nearly eight years. When I had concerns they were promptly addressed. Staff promptly called with concerns such as illness. My loved one was well cared for and it gave our family comfort to know she was in a secure place. I preferred the smaller "wing" communities over another facility we tried that was open to all residents all the time. I can reccomend OAR because our experience was a positive one.

Posted by e. stone August 16, 2013
4.0

My friend was in an assisted living but it was no longer working for her to live there. I found Olympic Alzheimer's and now she now living there there. She has had some difficulty adjusting to the change but the facility is providing good care. I have been about 85% satisfied with this facility. They are very good at calling whenever there is an incidence, such as falling or being sick. The staff really seems to care about the people. The facility is very clean. My friend always looks nice The facility sends out a monthly newsletter with a calender of everything going on each day and many of the activities friends and family can participate in. I am very satisfied with Olympic Alzheimer's and the care they provide.

Posted by Burned in Gig Harbor July 26, 2013
1.0

I would NOT recommend this facility. It is NOT secure as the gates don't have locks which is unheard of for an Alzheimer's facility. The director of this facility was difficult to work with and apparently even more problematic for the staff as there is a high turn over rate. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. We learned a hard lesson but now know what to look for in selecting a facility. We wouldn't want anyone to experience the same horrific experience that we had with Olympic Alzheimer's Residence.

Posted by mjy222 August 28, 2012
4.0

My mom was first in a group home, then a nursing home and now she is in an alzheimer lockdown facility. I have been about 85% satisfied with this facility. They are very good at calling whenever there is an incidence, such as falling or being sick. The staff really seems to care about the people. Olympic alzheimers facility is very clean and professionally run. They have lots of events that include the family and send out a monthly newsletter with a calender of everything going on each day. It bothers me very much about my mom's condition, but I am glad that she is in a secure place. Before going to a facility I had her at my home for 3 years. Very stressful and not recommended by me to do this.

Location of Olympic Alzheimer's Residence

Features of Olympic Alzheimer's Residence

• Pharmacy

• Companion suites: We only offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Lowest monthly rate: 4,380
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Minimum age: None

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details