From the Provider
Before a new resident arrives at Emerson House, every effort is made to create a gentle and welcoming transition. This begins with a comprehensive assessment, which includes the prospective resident, their family and physician. Our next step is to develop a customized plan of care taking into consideration the resident's social history and medical needs along with recreational interests, spiritual dimensions and other personal issues to ensure their well-being and comfort.
Personal needs are given top priority at Emerson House. Our building design allows the professional staff to provide comprehensive twenty-four hour care. The compassionate and specially-trained staff is ready to respond to emergencies, manage medicines and monitor the health of each resident according to their customized plan of care.
Emerson House offers all of its resident's services that include:
- In addition to long-term residential care, Emerson House offers respite and adult day care services.
- Specially selected and highly skilled team to supervise all activities 24 hours each day
- Menus that are designed by a registered dietician to meet all nutritional needs including special diets
- On-site nursing care and medication management
- Full-time indoor and outdoor activities program which provides opportunity for companionship
- Family support groups and meetings
- Assistance with personal hygiene, including bathing, grooming, dressing, and incontinence management
- A highly trained housekeeping staff providing linens and personal laundry services
- Electronically secured perimeter monitored from nursing stations
- Secured and inviting outdoor garden and verandas where families can gather
- Fully monitored fire protection
- Optional services include: Beauty and barber salon, professional foot care clinic and massage therapy