Top nearby Memory Care Facilities:

Reviews of Sunshine Village

Posted by Disappointment February 26, 2014

My father is at Sunshine Village and he’s been there a month. . It was best suited for his needs and the care he was receiving is excellent. He has very consistent caregivers and they have cottages for the residents. The facility is very clean. He shares a room with another resident and the layout is kind of a hybrid of a group home and an assisted living. The food can’t be too bad because my dad did not lose weight.

Posted by SRRA December 22, 2011
3.0

Sunshine Village is a great facility for Dementia and Alzheimer's residents.   I wouldn't recommend Sunshine Village to everyone do to they only specialize in memory care.

When I was there in 2011 I noticed that Sunshine Village had done some renovations to their casitas.

Out of five stars, I would rank the grounds a four because it's open but with the same look all around in their corridor. There is nothing really to brag about. This facility is set up in five houses on a property that are supposed to have a homelike feel to them, the residents' rooms are descent sized so, I give them a three out of five stars, the staff a two out of five stars because the caregivers never last and each time I have visited over the last seven years the staff has always changed and they all had the same complaints. Quality of care depends because if you have memory loss but can still function to take care of your own personal needs then the resident seems to be well taken care of staff and now if the resident needs more assistance I noticed it takes a little longer to be cared for.

Overall, I'd give Sunshine Village a rating of three  stars because I feel they have a great package to offer and sale to any client needing memory care in the area but feel like their staff don't stand up to their product when it comes to care.

Posted by debbiewstins December 09, 2011

WOw. My mother has been living at Sunshine Village in Phoenix, Arizona for about 8 months. I wish I would have found this place two years ago! THey are incrdible. Yes, there was an adjustment period, but once mom settled in she was great. They treat her like their own family. The plavce is clean and I love the Pod format. Its like living ina house. My mom can go outside whenever she wants! Its not closed ou

Posted by JGirl81 October 14, 2011

My grandmother has lived at this home for many years and loves this home! The workers are polite and sweet and always have big bright smiles on their faces! They actually remember your name and always give my children juice boxes when we arrive in the door. They care about the people and really do a lot to help out my grandmother and make sure she is comfortable but still feels independent. It is very clean also. The food is very yummy and not what I was expecting at all! Way to go!. My children and I love to spend hours there visiting my grandmother!I can only hope she enjoys many more years relaxing in the beauty of the home! Thank you for making her comfortable and happy!

Posted by Patfar1 July 12, 2011

I have a friend and neighbor that was recently moved into Sunshine Village because her Alzhiemers had gotten too bad for her to stay alone. I went into visit her expecting the same old nursing home look. Boy was I wrong! What a BEAUTIFUL place! Its clean and homelike. And the staff treats everyone like family. My friend (I don't want to use her name) is very happy there. I would recommend Sunshine Village to anyone!

Location of Sunshine Village