Cost

Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Brookdale Plaza Vernon Hills (Formerly The Park at Vernon Hills)

Brookdale Plaza Vernon Hills provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Reviews of Brookdale Plaza Vernon Hills (Formerly The Park at Vernon Hills)

Posted by JS5 September 29, 2014
4.0

The facility was very active and alive during my two visits. The employees were friendly and helpful. The hallways seemed dark and maneuverability around the elevators was narrow (especially for a walker).

Posted by Barbim42 September 29, 2013
3.0

The Park had one apartment that matched what we wanted. However, it was dark, dreary and dingy. We came in at the time that people were going in to eat and it was like sharks at a feeding frenzy. They were tripping over each other trying to get in the dining room first. The staff was very good and their amenities were great. If the bus was busy and you needed some place to go, there was a chauffer car that would take you. They had activities but I wasn't impressed with the environment of the entire community.

Posted by Melissa6 August 25, 2013
4.0

The Park at Vernon Hills was very nice. They had a rain forest at one area with all the trees in the middle. It was in the main lobby; it was surrounded by the room and it was lovely. They had plenty of space for parties and they had happy hours as well as weddings. Their food was very good. They had activities like arts, entertainment and exercise. They also had shopping trips. The only trouble that I had with them was that their rooms were very small.

Posted by Bertine October 29, 2012

I just placed my daughter in The Park at Vernon Hills, so right now I'm still assessing things. It's closer to my home, I can be there in 15 minutes or so. It offers everything and anything I could have wished for. I actually have her in the independent living program there. They offer a lot of social activities, taking them out into the community regularly, they go out to local restaurants with live theater performance. It's been absolutely wonderful.

It's close to beautiful rainforest. They have swimming pools, saunas, they do bingos, and they got every kind of club. She's in the walking club. It's a big property, so there are plenty of places for her to walk around safely. They have many options more than what she really needs. My daughter's problems were too many brain injury with short-term memory problems. But she's functional enough to have an appreciation for a small studio apartment she has and the activities. The food is like going to the Hyatt Hotel. She has two meals a day, they do Sunday brunch. Nothing is depressing about the place and nothing that gives you an opinion of old. It's a very ideal situation.

Posted by rueffingserious June 27, 2012

The place is completely beautiful. It almost feels like a resort while being there, especially the amenities. They have beautiful community rooms and crafts room. But my personal favorite, and my grandfather's too, is their indoor pool just because it has a waterfall. The staff there is so great as well. They are all very kind and always willing to help out. They all emanate this positive vibe out of them, it makes their guests and everyone living there feel relaxed and safe. They provide so many different activities that it's almost impossible to spend a day being bored. Their activities range from book clubs to fitness to even guest speakers. They also provide great assistance/services with barbers, errands, deliveries, meals, transportation, house keeping, wellness programs, respite care, and so forth. Their amenities include dining rooms, resident parking, common areas, spas, visiting areas, smoke detectors and so many other things. It's a little bit expensive, but it's worth every penny.

Posted by valpal September 30, 2011
4.0

My Grandfather lives in one of the prettiest assisted living facilities I have ever seen. He is staying at The Park in Lincolnshire and From the out side the place looks like your average facility. When you walk in, you are transformed. The setting inside looks like a rain forest, with a real atrium that is just amazing. Every apartment has a view of the plants, and in the middle of the atrium is a pool and a waterfall. Aside from looks, the staff seems to really care. They are always saying hi to people and all seem really patient. There are also a ton of activities for the seniors to do, anything from bingo to seeing live music. I visit my grandfather once a week, and I always take my two young children (ages 4&5). They love it there. They walk through the atrium (or they like to call it the jungle), they usually swim, and they love saying hi to everyone who lives there. Overall, I would say this is just a lovely place to live, and my grandfather can never stop bragging about how he is the one that lives there.

Location of Brookdale Plaza Vernon Hills (Formerly The Park at Vernon Hills)

Features of Brookdale Plaza Vernon Hills (Formerly The Park at Vernon Hills)

• Lowest monthly rate: 2,700

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By clicking the above, you agree that Caring.com may contact you about senior housing and/or home care services in a variety of convenient ways including by automated call technology at the phone number(s) you provided. You understand that you don’t need to consent to receive these types of communications in order to obtain any goods or services—and you can always call us at (800) 973-1540. You also have read and agree to our" Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Get-listed-tab-hhcec9e5d7f5