Top nearby Independent Living Communities:

From Cedar Crest

Cedar Crest is a full-service, maintenance-free community designed exclusively for retirees, age 62 or better. Located on 130 picturesque acres in Pompton Plains, New Jersey, Cedar Crest is a private campus kept secure day and night by a team of professionals trained in emergency first response. We're the ideal choice for active seniors who want to live a vibrant, engaging, and purposeful lifestyle in a setting that's both safe and beautiful.

Like a small town under one roof, Cedar Crest offers an abundance of opportunities to keep your mind, body and spirit thriving. Stroll to any of our three spectacular clubhouses through climate-controlled, glass-enclosed walkways that connect all of our community buildings. Here you'll find all the resources you need to enjoy a spectacular retirement, including a fitness center, indoor heated pool and hot tub and four restaurants serving healthy, delicious meals created fresh each day by our own personal chef. Other amenities include a computer lab with high-speed Internet, billiards and game room, creative arts studio, fully-equipped woodworking shop, classrooms and even a resident-run television studio. Not to mention a bank and 24-hour ATM, a beauty salon and barber shop, a convenience store and an on-site pharmacy that delivers to your door!

Cedar Crest also has an on-site medical center staffed by physicians who work exclusively at our community. These licensed geriatricians are experts in meeting the unique health care needs of older adults. They will work with you to design a wellness plan that will keep you strong, independent and feeling your finest for years to come.

Reviews of Cedar Crest

Posted by worried kid November 12, 2013
1.0

My folks moved in to the one in North Jersey, Pompton Plains. My wife and I scouted the place and were pleasantly surprised by what we encountered. Sales staff "seemed" on top of everything and I felt that my folks would do OK. What a difference a month makes. They have since moved in and man did i get that wrong. The place does seem nice and clean but the staff has no idea whats going on around them on any particular day, get to that later. I was told that there were yoga classes for my mother turned out it was a video with women sitting on chairs lifting their legs. Thats not even yoga. the costly monthly rent does however come with one meal a day in any of their "restaurants". Day after the move, my folks exhausted, we decided to venture out for lunch. The "social worker" who was there to help us get around, recommended lunch in the Oak Room. After a 10 minute walk the Oak Room was closed, turns out it is closed every Wednesday and Friday for lunch. Do you think the "Social Worker" should have known this. So off we go another 10 minutes to the next restaurant where I am greeted by a woman who looks at me and sighs and exhales with her eyes rolling back in her head. I ask if there is a problem and she responds "Do not start with me". Wow, really, does she talk like that to my 76 year old mom? What about all the other residents? The food seems OK but always cold, dessert the other night consisted of the doughnuts that were not eaten for breakfast. The solution: eat off the premises or cook your own food. I have tried on several occasions to reach the sales office, any management that I can find and no one answers the phone etc. My folks bodies are at the point of needing to be there, their minds however are still very young and they are getting depressed. Once and a while they would like to eat after 6:00 in the evening. I hope this does get better for them for they paid an awful lot of money to be there. I will update after another month. Would not recommend as of yet.

Posted by K&J August 27, 2013
2.0

I visited this facility at a luncheon and was impressed with how beautiful it was. Amenities were many and social clubs were for everyone. Apartments were beautiful with many different floor plans I was looking at a two bedroom two bath. A major drawback was their new 90% refund policy I herd at the luncheon. Accounting for the price of the apartment I was interested in, in essence they want 30 thousand dollars just for the privilege of living their ( 10% of the cost).This became a deal breaker.

Posted by Caring3237 April 24, 2013
4.0

We visited Cedar Crest because we looked for a place for my mother-in-law. The place seemed lovely. The apartment we saw was beautiful and clean. Everything was new. There were a lot of activities and amenities she could enjoy. The activities included movies and trips outside the facility. There was a salon and a swimming pool as well. There was also a doctor on site. This facility will be considered if she decided to move in.

Posted by Caring 0424 March 20, 2013
4.0

I wanted my mother to go Cedar Crest but she's not ready yet. It is a top-notch facility. It's clean and beautiful. If my mom chooses to go there, she will have her own room.

Posted by Caring973 August 16, 2012

I'm still in the process of trying to figure out which facility I would choose. I did visit one in Cedar Crest. It's much cheaper than the other facility, yet it's quality and very nice community. I live alone and have no family. I find Cedar Crest beautiful. When I visited the place, most of the residents are having a good time swimming and doing different kinds of activities. I just felt happy knowing that the people are enjoying their stay, and if I'll decide to be in Cedar Crest I know I'll be happy, too. They have a wonderful dining area and I was able to try their food. It was great! The garden is big enough to enjoy outside fun activities. I was so glad and the staff toured me to the place. They are very welcoming and warm.

Posted by DesperadoGirrl January 20, 2012

Cedar Crest is one of the most AMAZING places I have ever seen for senior citizens. My grandparents were residents here until their passing.Cedar Crest provides ALL levels of care, including Individual Living in private apartments, nursing home care, and later on, hospice care, if and when needed.The grounds are BEAUTIFUL! I felt as though I was walking into a resort. The apartments are spacious, and my grandparents had their own private kitchen in case Grandma felt like cooking...she rarely did though, because she said the menu options in the dining room made it easy to not have to cook.Grandpa got involved in a new hobby...water color painting...and Grandma got to be her usual social butterfly self. Residents are allowed to come and go as they please, as long as their health and mental awareness allowed for it. So my Grandparents were able to maintain their circle of friends. They still attended their same church, and once Gramps couldnt drive any longer, they provided bus service to and from their home church.The staff was WONDERFUL! Very friendly and helpful, and always...ALWAYS there when you needed them. At the time of my Grandparent's deaths, the staff was so compassionate, it was if they had lost a member of their own family. As it turns out, they really had. All the residents at Cedar Crest were considered to be one big family!We were so impressed with Cedar Crest that my one cousin and her husband both got jobs there, and I'm pretty sure that some of my other family members have their sights set on Cedar Crest for when they retire...I know I DO!I have nothing but WONDERFUL things to say about Cedar Crest, and when comparing other homes and facilities, I use Cedar Crest as an example of the ultimate place, to see how others compare. You could not go wrong having your loved ones at Cedar Crest!

Posted by Caring390869 July 30, 2011

This is a mutil phasic assisted living facility which although pricy you certainltly get what you pay for. This is a lovely facility which provides services to suit the needs of all the residents across the board from psycological to medical to spiritual venues. I think it is definately a 5 star facility in northern NJ

Location of Cedar Crest