Cost

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Las Brisas

Live-In Managers at Holiday Retirement

Las Brisas is located in San Luis Obispo, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

Our live-in managers are available to assist with any event or emergency 24/7. They take pleasure in getting to know each of our residents and look out for their comfort and happiness. Our chefs prepare three delicious meals from scratch each day, served in our beautiful dining room. We provide housekeeping, linen services, fun and stimulating activities, off-site excursions, transportation to your personal appointments and a variety of classes and programs. Our warm, comfortable community and our friendly staff and residents are waiting to welcome you.

So come to Las Brisas for a visit...and stay!

Reviews of Las Brisas

Posted by Nancy87428150 June 17, 2014

Las Brisas was great. It was excellent. The staff is very accommodating. The chef even gave us a fresh loaf of bread that they made there at the facility, and it was really good. The manager that walked us around was so helpful. He called and checked up on me. I liked that they offered three meals a day versus only two. We were able to look at different units and different floor plans to see what would suit my mother's needs. I met and saw a lot of residents. The rooms were clean and spacious. Their kitchen part was definitely a kitchenette with a small fridge. Everything else was really nice. I liked how they had outings for their residence a couple times a month. I also liked that they include internet, cable, and phone. They had a really beautiful view.

Posted by Caring78475850 February 28, 2014
4.0

I don't live far from Las Brisas. This facility was nicely cared for. Its ambience was pretty nice. The staff was very nice and very helpful. The food and their chef were very good.

Posted by Dick5 January 30, 2014
2.0

Las Brisas was too small, it didn't have a swimming pool. There's a whole generation of people, baby boomers now, who's starting to look at these things a little bit. We're a much more active situation. I'm not even sure you can get involved in something where the average age is 80 years old, no spa, no swimming pool and some 900 sq. ft. room. You might as well be in jail. They have bingo, all the old people stuff, Bible reading, but no alcohol is allowed. People are looking for places that have a bistro in it or a coffee bar or something like that. I had been extremely disappointed in what's out there. I guess if you're 85 years old and you want to be cramped in a little tiny room, that would be fine but if you got a spark in your life, you sure wouldn't want to be there.

Posted by Candace3 December 27, 2013

Las Brisas has just been a blessing for my mother. She was turning to get a little bit of depression and they made sure her transition was good. The location is excellent. They are on top of a hill and the view is incredible. That's been really nice for her because she was able to watch the sunset at night.

The people were really helpful and accommodating. Mom is very thin and had a hard time cooking but she has just loved the food there. The meals have variety and are just great. There are a lot of homemade breads every day. It's not an assisted living facility, but in the event she needs help we can have somebody come in. We are not committed to any service as well. Hers is half the cost of the services compared to the others so it's one of the better deals. She is really enjoying it there.

Posted by Gary16 June 17, 2013
4.0

The rooms at Las Brisas Independent Senior Living are all very nice and clean; it seems there is nothing ragged or torn. They asked us to have a lobster lunch there on Mother's day. It has the nicest dining facilities and the best menus we've ever seen. My folks are really pleased with everything they've had so far. All the staff has been very nice. They have plenty of things for the residents to do. It is just a very nice place.

Posted by JoshuaK44 October 30, 2012
4.0

The entire place was very nice and comfy. Many of the employees were very polite and the residents were very nice as well. The managerial staff was not as helpful (and sometimes a little rude). The place was still very nice and I am considering it for my grandparents.

Posted by kiwiguy July 06, 2012
3.0

Both my father and my uncle (brothers in law) currently reside at Las Brisas. I am there 4 - 5 times a week.The facility:The rooms and apartments are spacious and well maintained. Most have balconies or patios. The once a week cleaning is unreliable - there is such a high turnover of staffing that they are often short handed. The dining room is spacious and bright. There are fewer common rooms than at other facilites: a single "activities" room that includes the theater and excersize areas. The theater is simply a big TV around which they arrange stacking chairs. The excersize is a single piece of equipment. There is a pool table outside the room in a lobbyt area adjoining the dining room. The only other space is a small library area on the second floor that doubles a card room. The dining and activity room are on the third floor. The building is built into a hillside, so the first two floors have dark, long hallways, but the rooms are bright. The third (main) floor opens to a large outdoor patio where they have occasional group parties such as wine tastings. There is only one elevator, which can make it difficult at mealtimes as there are many people who are in wheelchairs or power chairs. It is a glass elevator, which makes it feel less constrictive, and although it has age problems, they are about to replace it . Building maintenance is excellent and they are constantly making improvements. There is a beauty parlor and an office where you can hire private caregivers. There are weekly outings of various kinds.The food:Extremely inconsistent. It can be good, but is most often barely edible. There is a dearth of fresh vegetables, which is ridiculous as we are a farming community with many farmer's markets through the week. The mealtimes are set at 8am, 1230, and 530pm. Everyone assembles and is served at one time, which makes for a lot of waiting. Other facilities operate more like restaurants. Again, there have been many chefs and cooks through here in the last 2 1/2 years.The Management:When I moved my father here in early 2010, we toured all the places in the area. We selected Las Brisas because the rooms were larger for the money, you could stay here as your health deteriorated and bring in whatever care was needed (some even have had live-ins ), even to the end of life, and mostly the managers. There are two couples who live in the building They personally ran some of the activities with the Social Director and supervised the meals, pouring drinks and making sure all needs were met. The main managers were perfect for this kind of facility - gregarious, genuinely "up", and very helpful. Unfortunately, there has been a constant turnover in management since 2011. I believe 18 or so as various couples have been forced out or driven away. Each new set has reduced services, and seemed more focused on cutting costs than serving their residents. Silly things like limiting drinks to one glass at meals (except coffee!), reducing the bus hours, outings, and activities, pulling keys to the front door from those who don't go out, etc. Where the previous managers were always offering carpet shampooing, a change and choice of window coverings in the rooms, etc., none of that is available. They will no longer allow the private caregivers to use the break room to eat their lunches.The rent has been reasonable for the area, but goes up automatically each year by about 4%. This happened even when Social Security and VA benefits got no cost of living increases for two years. This is not the case at other local facilities.Overall I would move my family out to another facility if they were not settled. Moving an 88 year old is difficult and would be disruptive.

Location of Las Brisas

Features of Las Brisas

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room