Top nearby Independent Living Communities:

Reviews of Mt. Angel Towers

Posted by Ellen17 January 18, 2014

Mount Angels Towers was a really good one. The staff was great, helpful and friendly. The staff and the people were like family. My in-laws were there probably for three years. We ate there a lot and they had good food. I thought it was cool because people used what they had that was special for them and put them up on the walls not just the walls in their apartment, but they used them as decors and they were beautiful. There was school really close and it was part of their care that the kids could come over to see their grandparents regularly. They had a lot of activities like barbeque, October fest and they had family Christmas parties that we could come in and had a big room for 30 or 40 people and I really enjoyed doing that.I was in a beautiful little German town that had a unique personality. The town was small and everybody knew each other and I liked that it was a community where they were familiar with a lot of people and a lot of their church friends moved there. The Catholic Church was just down the street. It was close that they could walk down to the grocery store. My in-laws were happy there. I would recommend them to others.

Posted by deerabby September 21, 2013
1.0

This facility does not train it's caregivers properly, if they train them at all. Most of the time the caregivers stand around talking or on their phones.They don't answer or ignore call lights Speak Spanish instead of English around residents. (in fact they have been asked not to speak Spanish when caregiving but they still do)

Posted by Caring5890 April 30, 2013
3.0

My father is at Mount Angel Towers. The facility is close to us. The staff and the food is good.

Posted by Louise5 April 17, 2013
2.0

Mt. Angel Towers was an old facility. It was not maintained properly. My parents lived for quite some time but I transferred them. The staff were not very responsive and the food was not delicious at all.

Posted by sassychazzy November 07, 2012
4.0

Overall, my experience with this facility went rather well. First off, my grandpa loves it here and seems very happy and has quite a few friends. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They have a good relationship with my grandpa and the other residents they interact with and know them on a personal level. They truly seem to care and make guests feel comfortable as well. The residents rooms are kind of small though. They basically are just a bedroom connected to a small kitchenette/living room. They don't seem very homey, although I only saw my grandpa's room, and other residents may have decorated theirs to be more like home. The dining room was very large and accommodating to visiting families. The staff help seat you and were very kind. The menu had quite a few choices and the food was way better than ii had expected for an assisted living facility! They even had champagne for residents and guests that requested it. There was also a long table of fresh muffins and desserts for those who wanted them. I didn't get to see any game rooms or banquet rooms,, but my grandpa said there were plenty of activities to keep him busy. There is also a bus that runs daily in to town so the residents can shop, get meals elsewhere, or just get some fresh air. My grandpa said he even got out to enjoy some of the Oktoberfest activities in September. I would definitely recommend this facility to other families just based on the fact of how happy my grandpa is living there.

Location of Mt. Angel Towers